Make a donation

Author Topic: HPFP rear internals pictures  (Read 960 times)

Offline Shottyman

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
HPFP rear internals pictures
« on: September 22, 2021, 06:01:10 pm »
I've just brought an 06 plate GTI (200hp) and after doing a bit of research decided that along with a service, I would change the PCV and the HPFP cam follower.

I knew where it was, I'd had a quick look at the posts about how to change the follower so I cracked on, big mistake, now I've messed up the banjo bolt but that's no biggie I can just get a new one for a couple of quid, easy fix. Unfortunately I took the wrong bolts out of the HPFP at first, I took the 2 smaller Torx Star bits out then realising I needed to take the larger Torx ones out removed them too, tilted the pump up and all the internals from the sensor end fell out  :ashamed: . A spring type washer, a diaphragm style item, and a couple of other washers.

Has anyone got an old pump they can kind of take to bits and show me the orientation of these components, I really don't want to have to buy a new pump. I mean I think I've put it back together correctly, it runs and its not giving me any faults but there's a ticking noise from the HPFP area and I cant remember if it was there beforehand or not  :sad1:

feel free to call me a muppet  :stupid:

Offline mjmallia

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 47
Re: HPFP rear internals pictures
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2021, 07:26:03 am »
The HPFP does make a tapping noise.......nothing horrendous but rhythmic

Only pic I can find

The spring slides over the shaft and the the cap holds it on

« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 07:31:30 am by mjmallia »
Mike

South Coast

S3 8L ---- Golf Mk4 GT TDI ---- Lupo GTI ----  A4 B6 Sline ---- Golf Mk5 GTI

Offline mjmallia

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2021, 07:29:54 am »
Remember to change the o-ring seal on the pump when putting back as they are one time use and tend to leak in time otherwise.
Mike

South Coast

S3 8L ---- Golf Mk4 GT TDI ---- Lupo GTI ----  A4 B6 Sline ---- Golf Mk5 GTI

Offline Shottyman

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2021, 07:32:39 am »
Thank you for taking the time to put that up, unfortunately it's the other end I want, where the fuel pipes attach and the pressure test point is.

I think I have it right, I'm getting 50bar at idle on VCDS which scrolling through the forums looks about the right pressure, plus I suspect that it would flag up low pressure if it was all wrong, or high pressure.

Good to know about the tappety noise, it was probably there before but after messing up I was listening harder  :sad1: