Make a donation

Author Topic: 2005 GTI 2dr lock acuators - 8 pin or 9 pin?  (Read 1146 times)

Offline AndyGTI2005

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
2005 GTI 2dr lock acuators - 8 pin or 9 pin?
« on: October 12, 2021, 10:03:52 am »
Hey guys,

just purchased a 2005 GTI with 113k and zero service history  :driver:

I noted straight away that the driver door will only lock on the key and not the blipper, and the passenger door will not lock at all as no exposed lock barrel.
I can hear a click when I press the blipper however the doors don't lock. Have checked fuses, reset locking, taken battery off, got a red light on the key fob, all good. So it suggests it's the actuators. I'm taking it to a garage next week for the timing belt and have asked him to change the actuators at the same time and want to get them off of ebay. However the seller says there are 8 pin and 9 pin varieties. Question, does anyone know if mine will be the 8 or 9 to save me buying a set of each and sending one back?

thanks!  :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Offline Trobbler69

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Re: 2005 GTI 2dr lock acuators - 8 pin or 9 pin?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2022, 09:53:02 am »
I have a similar issue, apart from mine appears to extend to the rear doors too - the boot appears to lock and unlock ok. 
So far i've disconnected the battery, fully charged it and re-connected it, no difference.  I pulled fuse 12 out, all seemed fine. 
I can hear a click from the drivers door and driver rear door, and no clicks from either door on the passenger side. Odd  :thinking:

Did you get anywhere with the garage? Was it a fault with the actuators after all?

Offline terrier

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 35
  • My Ride: GTI now gone
Re: 2005 GTI 2dr lock acuators - 8 pin or 9 pin?
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2022, 06:27:28 pm »
Dont forget the 7 pin variety :happy2: