Make a donation

Author Topic: DSG behaviour - video included  (Read 694 times)

Offline exodus_ste

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
DSG behaviour - video included
« on: November 16, 2021, 02:29:28 pm »
Hi guys,

I have a bit of an ongoing saga discussing the behaviour of the DSG in my stage 2+ eddy. I believe it's not doing quite as it should yet my tuner suggest it is pretty normal for what they call "micro-slip". I mean i don't really see this as micro-slip. The gearbox seems to slip when you lift off the throttle gently, as if you're dipping the clutch slightly. I can demonstrate here (sound on):

Anybody notice anything similar? It holds the torque fine when i boot it.  :thinking:

It'd be good to know whether i'm barking up the wrong tree or indeed being told incorrect info.

Cheers!

Offline LC5F

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 79
Re: DSG behaviour - video included
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2021, 07:23:16 pm »
Can't say I have experienced anything like that with mine.
It's like it was thinking about to changing up to 6th, got distracted and decided not to.

Has the box been serviced? at 97k it should have had at least 2 services maximum of 40k apart.

Offline exodus_ste

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
Re: DSG behaviour - video included
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2021, 12:29:05 pm »
Thanks for your input LC. I was running in manual at the time as it doesn't recreate the issue in D. It simply just changes up a gear when the throttle is lifted slightly.

Yep, had 3 box services at 42k, 67k and 94k.

I've ran basic settings a couple of times mainly down to after my last visit to the tuner it was holding the gears a little too long in D, much like as if it was in S. It sure doesn't seem happy but i keep basically getting told it's normal  :scared: