Make a donation

Author Topic: Rear brake caliper bleed nipple  (Read 990 times)

Offline Jb55

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 13
Rear brake caliper bleed nipple
« on: December 07, 2021, 02:45:10 pm »
Anyone know the part number for the rear brake bleed nipples ,I’ve got a very slight leak on passenger side rear caliper , only managed to find after market ones on eBay and don’t know if they are any good.

Offline LC5F

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 79
Re: Rear brake caliper bleed nipple
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2021, 06:39:20 pm »
I would be pleasantly surprised if VW do nipples... they tend to just push to replace the entire caliper rather than service parts.
Are you sure its the nipple that has failed? - hope its not, but it could be the thread in the caliper body, they like to corrode and bind up.

For sourcing replacements look for Bigg Red - better going direct than their ebay store.

Offline Jb55

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2021, 09:41:33 pm »
1KO 615 273A is the part number I found for the bleed nipple but think that’s just the fronts maybe I’m wrong and they use the same part for the rears to.

Car went in for a mot and he showed me under the ramp the nipple leaking, the brakes had felt slightly off for a while as well, he loosened the nipple off and tightened it back up again and it did stop the leak and the brakes felt great for a few weeks a nice firm pedal but I noticed yesterday they are getting spongy again , he suggested replacing the nipple.

Cars coming up for a brake fluid change anyway so should probably replace all nipples if I can find the rears.

Offline Sebas_theFish

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2021, 04:34:21 am »
1K0 615 273 C comes up for the rear bleed nipple.

Sent from my Samsung Smart Fridge

Offline Jb55

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2021, 02:41:22 pm »
@Sebas_theFish  Thanks for that bud  :happy2: