Make a donation

Author Topic: Walnut blast  (Read 1164 times)

Offline finna00

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
Walnut blast
« on: January 05, 2022, 10:39:12 am »
Hi, just had my intake walnut blasted by Decimal Tenths aswel as getting the injectors refurbed. The car is on just under 97000 miles.
This post is just to show the before and after. The car is now a lot smoother at low rpm and a instant gain in mpg.
Overall worth doing

Offline Trav Turbo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
Re: Walnut blast
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2022, 11:14:29 am »
Looks a nice job! Hopefully mine should be done in a few months with S3 injectors going stage 3

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Offline finna00

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2022, 11:24:12 am »
Nice, I was thinking on just replacing the injectors for s3 ones. But for my power goals I don’t think I’d need them.

Offline T777_GTI

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2022, 05:23:16 pm »
Mind me asking how much this cost you. Mine could do with a cleaning.

Offline finna00

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2022, 07:26:36 pm »
I paid £350 inc vat. Which included new seals for injectors, stainless basket/filter and new intake manifold gasket.

Offline LC5F

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 79
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2022, 08:03:51 pm »
Decimal Tenths

Been watching their tuning videos on Youtube - they seem like a good bunch of guys and know their way around VAG engines - they even have a Mk5 project car on the go.

Are you planning for more power with them?
I'm tempted to make the trip down the coast to them -the hope being a bit more interesting than a generic map
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 08:19:23 pm by LC5F »

Offline finna00

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2022, 06:52:34 am »
Well... when the car was in with them they gave it a good check over and informed me that my turbo is on its way out unfortunately. As I've recently got my first house my car funds wont be able to stretch to ko4 so I'm planning on doing a ko3 hybrid, along with a intercooler and a decat. With the set up I'm aiming for around 280/300 hrspurs. I will be going back to them for the remap after I've installed all the bits. They're a really nice group of lads and I've a couple mutual friends with them anyway so works well for mem, id recommend them to anyone. They even went to the extent of printing out pictures of all the intake before and after for me which doesn't sound a lot but I think it really added to the service and is good for the history of the car.  :smiley: