Make a donation

Author Topic: iOS OBD2 Gauge Apps for Boost  (Read 1081 times)

Offline breeze

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 12
iOS OBD2 Gauge Apps for Boost
« on: January 07, 2022, 07:34:47 am »
I just bought a Carista OBD2 device to connect to the ‘Car Scanner’ app on my phone. All set up but I was a bit disappointed that I couldn’t get target and actual boost readings.

Has anybody found a way to get boost? Appreciate it may not be massively reliable.

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
Re: iOS OBD2 Gauge Apps for Boost
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2022, 05:32:25 pm »
If I remember right, OBD Fusion on the app store could show boost.  I used that with a Carista dongle.

Most, if not all of those apps are generic OBD, not VAG specific PIDs.  OBD11 might show actual and requested though.

I gave up on those apps and use VCDS mobile instead.

Just need to figure out an iOS automation to disable the auto screen lock whilst it's running though.

One thing I did notice with OBD Fusion is the phone got bloody hot from running that for 20 mins or so.  Not sure if all apps do that, but VCDS mobile doesn't.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline breeze

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 12
Re: iOS OBD2 Gauge Apps for Boost
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2022, 05:08:39 pm »
If I remember right, OBD Fusion on the app store could show boost.  I used that with a Carista dongle.

Most, if not all of those apps are generic OBD, not VAG specific PIDs.  OBD11 might show actual and requested though.

I gave up on those apps and use VCDS mobile instead.

Just need to figure out an iOS automation to disable the auto screen lock whilst it's running though.

One thing I did notice with OBD Fusion is the phone got bloody hot from running that for 20 mins or so.  Not sure if all apps do that, but VCDS mobile doesn't.

Thanks for the suggestions. Do you know if OBD Fusion/eleven shows actual on our cars?