Make a donation

Author Topic: Gilder Volkswagen  (Read 4662 times)

Offline snapey

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
Gilder Volkswagen
« on: February 19, 2009, 04:09:47 pm »
Not really a product review more of a service review etc.

Anyway for the past for months theres been an annoying rattle coming from the center console which VW originally stated could not be done under warranty as the car is over a year old and classed as an alignment and all the other political crap that goes with it. Anyway after dealings with my local dealer (Parkway, Derby) who were put to it frank rude and insulting, I turned up at gilder by mistake was meant go for Mansfiled but with my sense of direction ended up the complete opposite way.

The car was booked in for 2 days work and they planned around my shifts at work to ensure I was happy and didn't have to take time off, they sorted out a courtesy car which I turned out to be un-insured on through VW but they still sorted it out for me and left me feeling very happy with the service.

I dropped the car off on Monday and they did a full handover and checked the entire vehicle for any damage, ensured that it would not be washed after the work which was to start on the Tuesday.

With regards to the work they also found a leak with the air con which has been sorted along with the rattle and no damage has been inflicted to any interior trim etc, no damage to any exterior panels and the best thing is that the treated the car with some respect, normally you expect the mechanic while he's taken the car out to look for faults to rag the hell into it (my main concern as I'm quite protective about other people driving it), how ever the car came back with better MPG than what it was left with.

All I'll say to top it off with is if you having any warranty work, service etc carried out take it to there you wont be disappointed with the service, I certain wasn't to say the least and would recommend them to anyone.

Here's a link to their website if any of you are interested in giving them a try.

http://www.gildervolkswagen.co.uk/vw-contact-chesterfield.php

Luke
If you have to ask why, you'll never understand.

Offline vwrascal

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 28
  • If it aint rubbin you aint dubbin
Re: Gilder Volkswagen
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 05:35:48 pm »
good to hear you found a respectable dealer   :happy2:  I had to change stealers, the last lot drove my car 40 MILES, (know this because I wrote down mileage) had a right old go at em and aint been back since!    :fighting:

Offline dan.payne

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 11:50:36 am »
I will be having mine serviced at guilders VW in chesterfield at some point this year :smiley:

If anyone else is going to be using them I suggest visiting the new site about 5mins away at the top of the bypass. They have a brand new and really modern building with a few collectables like touring cars, rally cars and a few old VW campers in their coffee area  8)

All really friendly staff and from what I have seen take pride in how they go about there business.

Dan
GTi Edition 30 Phase 2+ :jumping:

Offline Hurdy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 10:59:50 am »
I've used Gilders for the last ten years and always been happy with their service and professionalism. It helps that they don't mind dealing with modified cars (well, mine anyway!!). I've had 8 cars from them in the last ten years and this is a testament to the quality of service.

Ben (VTEC) and I visited their new VW/Audi building about a month back and it was certainly impressive. It also helps that it is less than 5 miles from me too :happy2:
Golf R gone.