Make a donation

Author Topic: Noise on full lock  (Read 591 times)

Offline Birty_

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Noise on full lock
« on: April 07, 2022, 04:18:25 pm »
Evening all,

So I've got an edition 30, onto the next problem with this car.

I've got a horrible noise on full lock currently, mainly when I'm reversing. However, sometimes I get the noise under load or hard driving but mainly from low speed reversing manoeuvres.

Initially, I was adamant that it was the driver's seat. It almost sounds like the chair hasn't quite clicked into place and is struggling. However the seat is sturdy, and I can't simulate the noise. Tried  removing the seat and lube'ing her up. Noise is still there.

I've only had the noise for around 3 months, but I've done a significant amount of work to the car during that time meaning I'm struggling to pin-point what's the cause.

I've done the following in the last three months.

Coilovers (adjustable links - doesn't appear to be rubbing the anti-roll bar)
Anti-lift kit
3" down pipe
TTRS Clutch

I'm lost but it's annoying me and I've got plans for the car which this could put on hold. I'm assuming it's due to the coilovers. I've attached a video - this is on lock reversing.

Any help would be appreciated. Fingers crossed it's not the rack - any way to confirm it's the rack?

Thanks all

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Offline Birty_

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Noise on full lock
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2022, 06:01:51 pm »
Update - so I've tightened the bolts up on the powerflex anti lift kit. Can't replicate the noise anymore, don't think the garage that fit them changed the stretch bolts. Bolts on order, hopefully job done

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk