Make a donation

Author Topic: My Black GTi  (Read 1472 times)

Offline burnout88

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
My Black GTi
« on: March 17, 2022, 05:17:51 pm »
Figured I'd better pop the lady on here for people to see! Nothing major changed other than small cosmetic bits.

54' Manual with a reasonably decent factory spec, had it for 4 years nearly now and it's not given me too much grief.

Had a huge power drain on the battery when I first got it home (Cornwall) from Wales, ended up being the aftermarket head unit, sorted that pretty inexpensively.

More recently had a broken stud in my manifold which was in the one position that couldn't be removed without all the turbo etc coming off, £550 later but not too bad.

Plans - 28th March, PowerFlow cat back system being fabricated and installed for £650.
Got some 'new' wheels that need a refurb that will be going on some point this year.

A lot more in mind but need to save some more pennies first!

She's got nothing on some of the dubs on here but makes me smile every time I look at her 😍

Offline burnout88

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
Re: My Black GTi
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2022, 06:57:16 am »
Well the cat-back is done, all custom built and genuinely cannot fault the guys at Powerflow in Tavistock. The sound now is much deeper but there is no drone at all, stunning finish and exactly that I wanted in terms of the tips. Now just need to sort out the oil leak that is progressively worsening (booked in for 11th April will update with findings) 😰 then I can start to focus on the T4 for a bit

Offline jayha11

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 23
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,97064.0.html
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2022, 09:00:44 am »
Looks great dude. Black is always the best looking when its clean! But I am biased  :grin:
Mk5 GTI > S3 8P > Cupra 300 > Cupra 290 > Mk5 R32

Offline burnout88

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2022, 09:51:36 am »
Black is clearly the best colour, but yes the issue is keeping it clean 😆

Offline RBS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 46
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2022, 10:05:25 pm »
Looking good :happy2:

Offline burnout88

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2022, 06:50:39 am »
Thanks bud, not really sure what to do after the leak is located and fixed, I have some new rims to go on but they are in need of a refurb and spray (considering dark bronze) before they are going on the car. There's a few paint issues that were with the car when I bought it that need sorting so may look to that.

Exciting times, once I'm done renovating the interior of the T4 I'll take some family pics hehe.

Offline RBS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 46
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2022, 10:04:32 am »
Some nice looking rims :happy2: Get them sorted asap  :wink: