Make a donation

Author Topic: 2008 Golf Gti Edition 30  (Read 138 times)

Offline chimp400

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 46
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
  • My Ride: 2008 Edition 30
2008 Golf Gti Edition 30
« on: May 07, 2022, 08:17:47 am »
Edition 30 2008
£7500.00
Collection Only

Golf Gti Edition 30

Manual
5 Door
98500 miles
Halogen headlights
R-Tech stage 1 remap 300 Bhp with print out
R32 front brake set up
Vwr suspension kit with new oem upgraded top mounts etc
Super pro anti lift kit
Vibratechnics subframe insert (dogbone mount)
All front bushes and complete Arb replaced
Subframe bolts replaced, spacer kit added
Refurbished later Gen 3 steering rack due to old one failing
H&R wheel spacers
BCS prestige cat back stainless exhaust, no louder than stock
Refurbished alloys a few years ago, still in excellent condition
Matching Goodyear eagle F1 tyres
Rust proofed underneath
Gearbox oil changed

RNS510 head unit upgraded, hands free, Bluetooth.
High line clocks
Mk 6R multifunction steering wheel
Cobra flush fit Oem style colour coded rear parking sensors

I purchased the car in February 2020, the previous owner had the car remapped, fitted the R32 front brakes,the interior upgrades, Eibach sport line springs and the wheel spacers.
I didn’t like the harsh ride quality so fitted the Vwr suspension kit which is more compliant than the stock suspension while maintaining a nice subtle ride height.
This sent me on a mission of other work making improvements to the car which is all listed above.
Owned by enthusiasts for the last several years this is a cherished car that has had some of the best parts fitted to generally improve it.
Meticulously maintained, oil and filter changes every 6 months in my ownership.
The interior Is free from rips and tears with only minor bolster wear to seats.
The door cards do have some slight discolouration to the tops which is a common issue.
All in all a very clean mechanically sound car that needs a little cosmetic tlc to make it perfect.

Paintwork sadly is starting to exhibit lacquer peel on the roof and one or two other small areas, it looks immaculate from 20 paces though.
The front wings do have some minor rust bubbling to the edges which has been rubbed back, a rust treatment added and painted to stop it spreading. A very common Vw problem.
The foam inserts that cause this have been removed.
I have priced it sensibly so the new owner can tackle this, i could get these defects done for you before ownership but this is negotiable.

Most of its service history has been kept in a box file with relavent  paperwork, the timing belt was last changed in 2017 @ 77879 miles.
Thermostat and housing was changed in Feb 2020
Cam follower in Feb 2020
Pcv valve November 2021

Selling as I’m 50 next year and have permission from her indoors to buy my favourite weekend toy so have to make some sacrifices!
Part exchange or even swaps possible, im interested in a Bmw 320/330d/Saab 9-3 Ttid, Estate preferred but not essential but must be auto.

Any inspection welcome, test drives will be by myself unless you can prove insurance cover to me.
Car currently has a personal plate fitted which will be staying with the car as it belonged to the previous owner who didn’t want it.
I have blanked the number plate in the photos due to previous cloning issues on another car so am just being careful, will happily provide these details if you are interested
I’m currently waiting on a part to fix the climate control which isn’t blowing cold air, I’m hoping it’s the common compressor solenoid so will update once known.
Sensible offers please.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2022, 08:00:34 pm by chimp400 »
2008 Edition 30, R-Tech Stage 1 plus many other mods.