Make a donation

Author Topic: MK5 GTI limp mode help!  (Read 670 times)

Offline AZriley419

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
MK5 GTI limp mode help!
« on: May 08, 2022, 04:05:41 am »
Thought i’d post this here as well as some forums for as much information as possible. I have recently run into the issue of my 2007 vw gti being put into limp mode (no boost being pushed out, running n/a)

It is a 2007 gti with the fsi engine, stage 2 tuned with around 130k miles on it . Main maintenance has been kept up with heavily.

The issue first began after I did a pcv delete with the adapter for a catch can as well as set up a BOV that hooked up to the new pcv delete boost tap attached to the manifold.

The car ran perfect for around 4 hours until randomly the car went into limp mode and no immediate cels. After pulling over and turning off and on the car , the cel came on for codes p0243 (wastegate solenoid A) and p0444(EVAP system purge valve) .

After this issue came I decided to basically reverse everything I originally did , put the oem PCV back on and put the revision D DV back on instead of the BOV. The car is still in limp mode with both codes still popping up even after clearing . Any ideas or recommendations on what this could be or what to try?

Offline Clarkj93

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 34
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=a9nkqglvdeom16r4ojbreeaodq&/topic,131272.0.html
Re: MK5 GTI limp mode help!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2022, 08:24:35 am »
I would check for a guide on here or a reputable source on installing a catch can, may be something that's needs coding out or something re-routed like the evap valve and hoses/pipes hence the error.

With the BOV, I don't think our cars like this, they work different to a DV and I'd be worried it could have done some damage to the turbo. Think nearly all tuned tfsi's out there typically run oem revision G dierter valves or GFB DV. Which BOV was it?

Offline DBXdarkangel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2022, 09:01:31 am »
Why do people fit bov? They sound shocking and chavy. Just my opinion..

Maybe you've blown a coil pack? When I got my remapped it blow a coil pack a few weeks later.

Offline AZriley419

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2022, 02:51:25 pm »
I would check for a guide on here or a reputable source on installing a catch can, may be something that's needs coding out or something re-routed like the evap valve and hoses/pipes hence the error.

With the BOV, I don't think our cars like this, they work different to a DV and I'd be worried it could have done some damage to the turbo. Think nearly all tuned tfsi's out there typically run oem revision G dierter valves or GFB DV. Which BOV was it?

yeah looks like I definitely should have done some more research before installing the BOV. It was a forge BOV, so pretty reputable. I had installed an oil catch can previously and seemed to be working well but reversed it once the issue occurred in hopes that maybe it was messing with my pcv system somehow . I am pretty worried that I somehow messed up the turbo but I think i’m going to bring it out to a shop so they can test the actuator rod, since I only have a generic scan tool.