Make a donation

Author Topic: Is it time to get a replacement DV?  (Read 134 times)

Offline OllieVRS

  • Always Involved
  • ****
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 5
  • Posts: 84
Is it time to get a replacement DV?
« on: May 11, 2022, 06:58:10 pm »
Had my car in the garage to investigate an ABS light, was told it's just a speed sensor and easy enough to replace myself.

I got their fault code print out, and the first code is an intermittent DV malfunction. I had this cause a CEL a few months ago, but was cleared by a friend and never came back, never affected performance either.




So if the fault code it still there but not causing a CEL, does this warrant replacing it? A replacement Rev G one would be €65 from VW.

I've not noticed any drop in performance, but there a strange high pitched sound above 5000ish RPM, although not too noticeable. Could this be the DV slightly leaking boost or something?

Cheers  :smiley:

Offline ald1717

  • Always Involved
  • ****
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 2
  • Posts: 177
  • My Ride: mk5 gti
Re: Is it time to get a replacement DV?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2022, 10:25:33 am »
im assuming its the solenoid itself then and not the actual valve, but you would definately feel that it would intermittently have no boost, or maybe its not releasing the boost which would cause turbo surge,  clear faults check again after a month see if they appear

Offline OllieVRS

  • Always Involved
  • ****
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 5
  • Posts: 84
Re: Is it time to get a replacement DV?
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2022, 01:48:23 pm »
I've decided I'm going to replace the DV with a new Rev G, as the current one is still the original afaik. Pair that with the fact that it's thrown up a CEL in the past and my turbo rebuilder recommended changing it too (albeit he recommended a Rev D).

Also it'll be good to have a new DV for my planned remap this summer.

edit: ordered from VW here, it's €80 with VAT which is a bit steep, but I didn't feel like waiting 3 weeks for shipping from the UK to Ireland to save €10.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2022, 10:26:53 am by OllieVRS »