Make a donation

Author Topic: Multiple elec faults - Sun roof, driver seat adjustment and rear windows  (Read 467 times)

Offline imcre8tive

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
I am at my wits end with this. Took my gti into a local garage in Feb for an mot. Since I got it back I noticed that I can no longer adjust the drivers seat (motor for lumbar and position changes), open the rear windows (from back seats or drivers side) or the electric sunroof.

I have checked all the fuses and they are all fine - I have literally tested every single one! Even checked for missing ones. I also checked the relay under the steering column as I read that could be the fault for the seat, but that was also fine. I did resolder the connection inside just to be on the safe side, but it still has connectivity.

I have even checked all the fuses in the engine, so I have no idea what to do next. I took it back to the garage I got the mot from, but he wasn't there. Someone else on the same trade site said he's not the best at customer service so would likely deny all involvement...

As this is multiple issues all in one go and not a fuse issue, I expect its a power module of some kind that might need attention, but I have no idea where to find it.

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 11:51:28 am by imcre8tive »