Make a donation

Author Topic: rear window wrong way  (Read 637 times)

Offline xcentric

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
rear window wrong way
« on: May 18, 2022, 09:46:12 pm »
Having recommissioned my GTi, all is good (with minor improvements to make) but the driver's side rear window goes down when you press up, and up when you press down.

I've tried the various reset approaches on this forum - fully down, hold for 10s, fully up, hold for 10s; key in to lock and hold locked; ditto key unlock - nothing works.  E.g. for the key one, after a bit the offending rear window springs into life and drops down.....

I've seen a video online where someone swaps the motor in the door around, but this must be a software issue somewhere.  Is there a reliable fix for this, or an area of OBDEleven coding I can change to reverse its direction.  Before it was laid up I'm 95% sure it was ok before being laid up for a couple of years.

If it's electrical, are the door switches the sort I can swap the terminals over on to have the right effect, or is it a case of removing the rear door card for the motor electrics polarity reversal approach?

Offline ald1717

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 4
  • My Ride: mk5 gti
Re: rear window wrong way
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2022, 09:04:44 am »
if the door card has been removed for some reason, the switch could have been put in the wrong way maybe but im guessing,remove battery reminals for an hour to reset another guess