Make a donation

Author Topic: split pcv hose  (Read 715 times)

Offline ald1717

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 4
  • My Ride: mk5 gti
split pcv hose
« on: June 18, 2022, 05:43:07 pm »
i have the forge delete plate and the single pcv hose seems to be leaking oil so assuming theres a crack somewhere, would this cause a boost leak or vacuume leak or is it just going to be a bit messy until its replaced..

Offline ROH ECHT

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
Re: split pcv hose
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2022, 08:04:59 pm »
Will be both a mess and the mass air intake will likely decrease at the MAF.

You've eliminated the source of vacuum by deleting the upper "intake manifold-to-PCV" tube.
So now crankcase pressure will escape from the tube. Crankcase pressure may be enough to prevent air being drawn into the split...as this will probably only occur during brief moments when the crankcase is under its own vacuum.

I'm not a proponent of doing the PCV delete on a daily. Deleting crankcase vacuum doesn't help a car which is mostly driven in vacuum and not in boost. The vacuum applied by the PCV, and manifold tube, helps with sealing at: seals, valve guides, and rings. The PCV delete Or catch-can, is fine when applied to a race car which is nearly always driven in boost. But is a lost benefit, again, when driven mostly in vacuum. If this is your daily, I suggest considering the return of the PCV. It will keep the engine healthier. The only drawback is it looks less the role of a race car, and a PCV never fails.
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline ald1717

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2022, 10:45:38 pm »
Will be both a mess and the mass air intake will likely decrease at the MAF.

You've eliminated the source of vacuum by deleting the upper "intake manifold-to-PCV" tube.
So now crankcase pressure will escape from the tube. Crankcase pressure may be enough to prevent air being drawn into the split...as this will probably only occur during brief moments when the crankcase is under its own vacuum.

I'm not a proponent of doing the PCV delete on a daily. Deleting crankcase vacuum doesn't help a car which is mostly driven in vacuum and not in boost. The vacuum applied by the PCV, and manifold tube, helps with sealing at: seals, valve guides, and rings. The PCV delete Or catch-can, is fine when applied to a race car which is nearly always driven in boost. But is a lost benefit, again, when driven mostly in vacuum. If this is your daily, I suggest considering the return of the PCV. It will keep the engine healthier. The only drawback is it looks less the role of a race car, and a PCV never fails.
thanks only stuck the delete plate on as it came with the car and the febi pcv didnt seem to work right as the car ran better with the delete plate,  but i am aware its best to run the vw pcv, the car is being given to my younger brother in a couple of weeks and i just want to get a few things sorted which is rear right wheel bearing just started to drone, pcv, rear brake pads,

Offline ROH ECHT

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2022, 03:16:41 am »
The rear hub is a fun one...make sure you have really large tools! Your new hub should come with a new bolt...use it. All VAG bolts having a torque value with an additional angle to turn, after setting its torque, are one time use bolts.
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline ald1717

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2022, 11:10:37 pm »
thanks yes, i gave up as i was doing it on drive and couldnt get the m14s for the carrier off being done by garage in the morning..