Make a donation

Author Topic: Anyone done a clutch master cylinder replacement?  (Read 434 times)

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
Anyone done a clutch master cylinder replacement?
« on: August 05, 2022, 10:23:32 pm »
So I've got myself one of them ol' clutch master cylinders, because, yeah......pedal to the floor action in the middle of rush hour  :fighting:

Thing is, the new one doesn't move...like, at all!  I can push on the rod as hard as hell and the piston doesn't move. Is that normal?  Does the clutch position sensor energise some kind of solenoid or something?

I don't want to go through the faff of putting it in if it's faulty.  Any tips?

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline Clarkj93

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 33
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ijunmtb8h7dsviujgllbj97rdf&/topic,131272.0.html
Re: Anyone done a clutch master cylinder replacement?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2022, 11:05:43 pm »
Not a clue sorry  :grin: but as its Darkside retailer I'd email/call them. I've rung/emailed before and just asked for general advice and Ryan one of the twin owners who does the racing and YouTube videos is a VAG geek like the rest of us and is just happy to talk and give good advice whether you're a paying customer or not I've found.

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
Re: Anyone done a clutch master cylinder replacement?
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2022, 11:13:56 pm »
Cheers chap  :happy2:  Yeah they're great.  I'm glued to their YT videos!  Obviously been watching all of their VAG/BMW diesel mod videos lately off the back of my other thread  :grin: If I do end up with a 335d or something, that is where I'll be taking it  :smiley:

I'm probably just being a dumb arse and it's not moving because it needs the leverage of your foot on a pedal, but my intuitive and questioning mind just says it should move freely when not connected to anything  :grin:

Oh well, I guess I'll find out tomorrow when I fit the sodding thing  :grin:

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D