Make a donation

Author Topic: Hugyourcar.com  (Read 2234 times)

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
Re: Hugyourcar.com
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2022, 10:56:13 am »
What flavour crisps?  A poor choice of crisp can ruin the experience  :grin:  A classic chip sandwich can be good, so long as the chips aren't soggy....that'll be 'Fries' for our US audience  :happy2:  See....the ol' classic cheese and ham....it's a winning combo.  The choice of cheese is critical though. It can't be Tesco own brand mild bland rubbery slices, it has to be ancient cave aged crumbly cheddar, level 12 on the maturity scale  :grin:   The Ham needs to be equally high quality, and the Mayo......Hellmans full fat only need apply.

Eclectic music tastes, good stuff  :happy2:

Good stuff on the car.  You're still young and in the honeymoon period with it.  Give it time and you'll start sounding like me and Rich83  :grin:

There's no such thing as too much YouTube! Although it's becoming too heavily policed on language, copyright and gore (I like true crime videos!) these days.  No doubt AdamC's channel will be banned soon for being too boystrous and egging people on to drive like tools.

No worries, it's what communities are for. Sharing and caring. Maybe we could have a group hug as as well as hugging our cars  :grin:

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline Clarkj93

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 33
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=o8ohts7q3bbvi8m4l0sv373bou&/topic,131272.0.html
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2022, 11:11:42 am »
Speaking of too much YouTube. What channels do people like? For me it's Team Prawn Racing, darkside dev, Danny dc2, Jimmy broadband and car throttle/auto alex and probably a few other vag techie channels. I do watch Adam C from time to time mainly to laugh at the idiots trying to show off and then dinging their cars and egos :grin:

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2022, 11:58:56 am »
Speaking of too much YouTube. What channels do people like? For me it's Team Prawn Racing, darkside dev, Danny dc2, Jimmy broadband and car throttle/auto alex and probably a few other vag techie channels. I do watch Adam C from time to time mainly to laugh at the idiots trying to show off and then dinging their cars and egos :grin:

I've got shed loads of channels in my subs, but the ones I can remember off hand are:

Learning sh1t about cars:
Harry's Garage, Savage Geese, Darkside Developments, Bad Obsession Motorsport, HumbleMechanic, ShopDap, FordTechMakuloko, MotoIQ, FullBoost, I do Cars, SouthMainAutos, Pine Hollow Auto diagnostics, Evolve Automotive, Tyrell's Classic Workshop, HP Academy, Driving4answers, VisioRacer, REPerformance and shed loads more I can't remember.

General bants and easy watching whilst the missus is watching Love Island or something equally shat:
AdamC, those numerous Nurburgring crash channels, Idiots in Cars, Officially Gassed, Arthur Tussik, Garage_54, CarWow drag races etc etc.

Offline Clarkj93

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=o8ohts7q3bbvi8m4l0sv373bou&/topic,131272.0.html
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2022, 12:14:55 pm »
Nice. Some stuff there il look up as not heard of them. I enjoyed watching bad motorsport build and race that c1 on a super tight budget. Danny dc2 is probs my fave at the moment, zero f***s given yorkshireman who does pretty well in his racing, when some people seem to think you will die if you have a wonky Alignment he's doing multiple races with bent shock absorbers :grin: watching him recently unbend the chassis of his mr2 with a farm vehicle and a rope was something special.

Speed secrets with Ross Bentley is a small but good one, their pod casts are very interesting if anyone has a deep interest in the technicalities of high up motorsport teams and how they operate/setup cars and sometimes cheat, it's quite light hearted also.

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2022, 02:09:47 pm »
Cheers mate, I'll give Danny DC2 a look!

I'm a bit picky with some of them because I'm easily irritated if they're annoying, like that Shmee150 bloke constantly bragging about his £M car collection.

I can't stand those influencer type posters with fake shocked faces and click bait titles, like "This little known BMW M3 problem could cost you £1000s", and after 15 minutes of waffling, plugging their sponsor(s), it's just a little O ring everyone already knows about.  "Taking delivery of my Ferrari xxxxx". "Just bought a Lamborghini whatever, did I make a mistake?"  Oh f'ck off  :grin:

Offline Clarkj93

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2022, 03:17:33 pm »
Shmee's intro is enough to push me over the edge never mind the rest of his videos.

Yeah that clickbait does my head in as well. Watching someone shout annoyingly into a camera about how "sick" their new super car should never have been allowed to be passed off as entertainment.

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2022, 11:45:48 am »
I know folk like that are free to flex about their achievements, but it doesn't come across well when people are struggling with the cost of living at the moment!

Anyway, enough of those bell ends..... I stumbled onto another decent channel last night....'SuperFastMatt'.  Proper techie stuff and a decent personality to go with it  :happy2:

I forgot to mention Peter Bjork as well.  A swedish chap doing home built Lambo Twin turbos and stuff.  I think he works on aeroplanes in Dubai for a living (everyone earns a f'ck ton over there!) but he never comes across like a rich a hole  :happy2:

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=o8ohts7q3bbvi8m4l0sv373bou&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2022, 09:59:02 am »
Actually getting to the point of not really enjoying driving my edition 30. Unless it's having its head kicked in i don't find it a particularly nice drive anymore. Getting old I guess.

Seems a shame giving up on the ED30 - you have so much time/money invested in - can you tuck it up for some day in the future? or has this got to be your deposit on the replacement?

What’s the reason you don’t enjoy it? When I bought my car it was on aftermarket springs. Best thing I did was swap in Sachs OEM spec shocks and springs. You might find that a more compliant ride makes a big difference to your enjoyment.

First time I have ever reverted a car to standard. Just getting older!

Exactly. It's on PSS10 which are great for the 5% of the time when you want to drive quickly. Not so great the other 95% of the time.

No interest in putting it back to standard. It will either get sold as is or stripped for parts when the time comes.

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2022, 12:49:27 pm »
Actually getting to the point of not really enjoying driving my edition 30. Unless it's having its head kicked in i don't find it a particularly nice drive anymore. Getting old I guess.

Seems a shame giving up on the ED30 - you have so much time/money invested in - can you tuck it up for some day in the future? or has this got to be your deposit on the replacement?

What’s the reason you don’t enjoy it? When I bought my car it was on aftermarket springs. Best thing I did was swap in Sachs OEM spec shocks and springs. You might find that a more compliant ride makes a big difference to your enjoyment.

First time I have ever reverted a car to standard. Just getting older!

Exactly. It's on PSS10 which are great for the 5% of the time when you want to drive quickly. Not so great the other 95% of the time.

No interest in putting it back to standard. It will either get sold as is or stripped for parts when the time comes.

Stiff suspension has caused my interior to rattle to pieces over the years as well, which just adds to the apathy.

Annoyingly, mine drove absolutely superb today.  One of those rare days where everything clicks and works in harmony.  95% of the time it's a grumpy b'stard.

Offline OldGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2022, 01:33:12 pm »
Peanutbutter, Banana and honey on fresh fancy bread.
Orbital is cool. I must be getting old because I was at a festival a few years ago and squinting at my little time card around my neck I decided to see who this "Bob State" mob were all about. I am glad I did at I found it was 808 State and I kicked up some dust in the tent :) 

Can't hug my gti I am mad at her as air con is not working so I am having to drive the wifes boring Merc to save cooking my little King Charles Frankie.