Make a donation

Author Topic: What the hells happened I hate this edition 30!!!!  (Read 820 times)

Offline 08_edi30

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
What the hells happened I hate this edition 30!!!!
« on: August 06, 2022, 01:04:11 pm »
I’ve not touched the engine on this car merely run a vac pipe for boost gauge through the bulkhead and checked the fuse box for switched live yet the cars gone to s**t !!!   

It’s running like a dog now with fault codes p1093, p2279 and a faults codes for misfires on cylinder 1,3 & 4 !!!!!!

I have not physically touched the engine now on earth can this happen.

All th usual bits changed numerous times cam follower,hpfp plugs coilpacks the car has been running perfect it was dues to go in for stage 2
+ remap next week now the piece of rubbish won’t even run !!!!! 

I’m fuming this is the most fragile car I’ve ever owned !!!!!!!!

Offline ROH ECHT

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
Re: What the hells happened I hate this edition 30!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2022, 04:45:57 pm »
I would recommend sorting the P2279 (air inlet leak) issue first. P1093 often appears alongside P2279, but P1093 may still be a separate fueling issue.

The air inlet leak may be due to the boost tap or tubing is leaking. Could also be the oil filler cap leaks, or any other air inlet and/or vacuum (all that is attached to the intake manifold...including the PCV and its tubing) leaks.

The misfire codes are likely symptomatic of the two codes. I wouldn't swap in new plugs, coils, or injectors to resolve misfires just yet. Resolve the other codes and address misfires when they are the only codes you see stored.
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline 08_edi30

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2022, 05:46:01 pm »
Hey buddy, all pcv is brand new and hasn’t been touched, the engine hasn’t been touched it was running perfect!! It’s only decided to be a prick of a car since i fitted the boost pipe for the boost  gauge which hasn’t been fitted to the actual engine yet. I’ve simply removed the battery, battery tray, to feed it through the bulkhead.

Admittedly I did look for a ign live in the engine fuse box which I didn’t find and ended up going through the bulkhead along with the boost pipe the for the gauge .

I refitted the battery tray and battery and it runs like a bag or s**t !!!

I’m so fed up with it !!!!

Offline ROH ECHT

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2022, 05:56:59 pm »
Ah...OK. So the gauge tube was not yet hooked up.
What can be found brittle on these is the Brake booster tubing. Sometimes just a slight movement of them can cause them to crack and cause air inlet leaks.
If it still has the "engine cover/air filter box"...removing or replacing the cover can break the N276 (fuel rail pressure regulating valve) connector on top of the HPFP. Not sure what all has been done...so I'm taking stabs at it now. But yes...these do have fragility issues.  :happy2:

Perhaps you should just take it in for the new tuning and see if they can spot the problem before tuning it. And hopefully, it will not be a huge addition to your bill.
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1