Make a donation

Author Topic: 2 x Mk5 Gtis being broken, West Midlands  (Read 11858 times)

Offline Numero9

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
Re: 2 x Mk5 Gtis being broken, West Midlands
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2022, 09:29:50 pm »
I'm after the following parts please:

Rear wiper assy
Charcoal canister bracket
Warning triangle
Front GTi badge

Interior
Manual gearbox gator if in good condition
Air vent tabs
The cupholder sliding mechanism tab (or whole assy)
Rear cupholder
front cup holder divider

Offline JregGT

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2022, 09:02:19 pm »
Really sorry all - I havent been very well, so hadn't managed to reply to anything - Will respond to any PM's and any questions on here now asap!

Am after these 2 switches with with all the clips on the side

Have removed the pic so as to not make the post massive, but have got of these mate, all complete and working and no marks on switch tops etc - drop me a PM and I will send you some pics and sort getting them out to you if you want them

@numero9 :

Rear wiper assy - Definitely have one of these available
Charcoal canister bracket - Let me check on this, but there should be at least one knocking around!
Warning triangle - I dont think either of them have one, and never have had to my knowledge, but then I've never looked! - Are they in with the toolkit and spare on the mk5?
Front GTI badge - They both have subtly different ones - will get some pics

Interior
Manual gearbox gator if in good condition - Gaitors are crap on both I am afraid
Air vent tabs - I am sure I should be able to sort some - How many do you need?
The cupholder sliding mechanism tab (or whole assy) - Do you mean the front cupholder?  The tambour top bit that slides back and forward?
Rear cupholder - One is definitely knackered, not sure about the other, will take a look for you
front cup holder divider - Have two different types - can get you some pics

As I say, sorry for the delay - Hopefully I am back in action now!

Have managed to actually get some parts out and photographed too - Will get those listed separately.

Mods - I am (hopefully) clearly not a trader - I would really rather not have 2 dead golfs on my drive, but I am also aware I am about to list a load of stuff in one go.  Happy to make a contribution to the site if someone wants to drop me a PM with how best to etc?  :happy2:

Offline Numero9

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2022, 04:27:52 pm »
@JregGT

Rear wiper assy - how much for this please?
Charcoal canister bracket - do you have one?
Warning triangle - usually in the side of the boot
Front GTI badge - the one on mine is a clip on if that helps?

Interior
Manual gearbox gator - leave this.
Air vent tabs - could I get 4?
The cupholder sliding mechanism tab (or whole assy) - - yes the sliding bit
Rear cupholder - did you find this?
front cup holder divider - pics?

Offline GreigC

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2022, 11:44:00 pm »
What condition are the door skins? I need front drivers door & rear left back door. If they are rust/mark free. Thanks

Offline Numero9

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2023, 01:29:44 pm »
@JregGT

Rear wiper assy - how much for this please?
Charcoal canister bracket - do you have one?
Warning triangle - usually in the side of the boot
Front GTI badge - the one on mine is a clip on if that helps?

Interior
Manual gearbox gator - leave this.
Air vent tabs - could I get 4?
The cupholder sliding mechanism tab (or whole assy) - - yes the sliding bit
Rear cupholder - did you find this?
front cup holder divider - pics?

Anything @JregGT ?

Offline matty34

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
  • My Ride: mk5 gti 2006
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2023, 08:47:23 pm »
hi need a passenger door front have you still got one ?cheers its a 5 door
« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 05:03:56 pm by matty34 »
hhjk

Offline Sleapy

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2023, 11:01:21 pm »
Would you sell the front fog lights from the 05 plate car separately or are they going with the bumper?
Thanks

Offline JregGT

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2023, 10:15:59 pm »
Sorry everyone - I have been absolutely battered by this covid/strep/flu/whatever else it is that has been going round this winter and been ill again - Cant remember a time in my life where I have been so hammered by something so simple for a whole month!  I am back in the game again now though!

@Numero9 - I will get you pics of everything this weekend and message you seperately.  So sorry for the delay mate, I hate it when people just dont answer on forums etc, but I have been an absolute mess.

@matty34 - 3 door or 5?

@Sleapy - Nobody has asked me about the bumper, and i need the cars gone asap now really, so they can go seperately if you need them?  I think they are in good nick, but I will have a good look at them this weekend and get you some pics if you like?

Offline Sleapy

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2023, 10:37:58 pm »
@JregGT Yeah if you wouldn’t mind getting some pics of them just showing condition that would be perfect mate👍🏻

Offline Numero9

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2023, 12:23:59 pm »
Don't worry about it, there are some horrendous bugs going around and good that you're feeling better.

What other bits do you have left, be good to see some pics of whats left on them might be worth getting some extra spare parts. Would you be open to a visit and me helping to remove the bits I need/rummaging?

Offline JregGT

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2023, 10:21:52 pm »
Don't worry about it, there are some horrendous bugs going around and good that you're feeling better.

What other bits do you have left, be good to see some pics of whats left on them might be worth getting some extra spare parts. Would you be open to a visit and me helping to remove the bits I need/rummaging?

I cant remember a time in my life I have ever basically been ill for an entire month with a tiny break in the middle  :grin:

Still most of both cars still here at the minute - There are some bits I want to keep hold of for the Mrs's R32, and the engine block/heads in both are toast in my opinion (or even if not, they are both high enough mileage that given the way they failed, I probably wouldnt risk any of the block/head personally) the ancilliaries are all there though (aircon compressor/dryer on the 5 door was knackered)

My biggest issue is actually that I am short on storage, and time!  Basically any bits I have advertised separately to the cars themselves (the leather 5 door interior and steering wheel mainly I think) are being stored in the 5 door, and until they are gone, I am a bit stuck for space to take any other bits off, if that makes sense.

Happy to arrange something if we can sort a time/day etc that suits us both - always a cuppa and bacon sarnie on here for any visitors - Drop me a PM and we can see if we can sort something f you want?

Offline JregGT

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2023, 10:30:32 pm »
@matty34 - I was going to PM you this so that everyone didnt have to look at boring door pictures, but I see you cant recieve PMs.....

Have got some some pics of the front passenger door today - Its not mint, but not bad.  The car is under trees, so it was filthy, I gave it a quick wipe for teh pics, so hopefully you can see what you need:

20230108_150414 by Daniel Thorley, on Flickr

20230108_150407 by Daniel Thorley, on Flickr

Just for the record, I need the wing mirror - I dont know whether you want the whole door, or just the skin, but if it is the whole door you are after, you are welcome to have all of it, other than wing mirror (and module from inside) and the door card

Couple of small, vertical marks about 4 inches below wing mirror that arent too bad, but I would say have broken topcoat (ie wont polish out):

20230108_150422 by Daniel Thorley, on Flickr

Couple of horizontal lines (the type you get from branches on a country lane) about halfway down, from leading edge of door.  Difficult to get a pic, but you can just see them.  These would polish out I suspect, they are very light:

20230108_150436 by Daniel Thorley, on Flickr

I cant see any rust anywhere, ánd overall condition isnt bad, but it isnt mint either, so depends what you are after.

Shout if you want any more specific pics of anything anywhere

Dan
« Last Edit: January 08, 2023, 10:35:05 pm by JregGT »

Offline JregGT

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2023, 10:31:40 pm »
I think I have answered everyone either on here or by PM now that asked me anything before I disappeared earlier in the month, but just shout me if you asked me anything and I havent come back to you  :happy2:

Offline GuidoGolfGti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2023, 06:11:04 pm »
I am after:

- the fuel module that plugs into the in-tank fuel pump under the rear bench seat if you have one available please?
- a maf sensor also please?

Many thanks :smiley:

Offline JregGT

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2023, 08:54:13 pm »
I am after:

- the fuel module that plugs into the in-tank fuel pump under the rear bench seat if you have one available please?
- a maf sensor also please?

Many thanks :smiley:

Hi Mate, was going to send a PM, but I dont know if they work for new members?  Yeah, have both of those - See if you can drop me a PM and I will reply if so to sort any more info you need etc

Dan