All Things Mk5 > Members Rides

New member with ed30!

(1/7) > >>

Aleksandar:
Hi all,

I bought an ed30 a few weeks back with some decent mods on it and low mileage, 53,000 miles and 2 owners.B14 setup,big brake kit and s3 brakes on the back with ARB and superpro handling kit all round. Engine is stock for now but I am booked for remap with rtech.

Some photos:

Ttrs clutch is in, as well as a wavetrack LSD and I am booked to see rtech o the 13th of November for a stage 2 plus, airtech Intercooler is fitted as well as a full trackslag 3.5 inch to 3.0 inch full system with resonator.
Mods that I still have to do is rear seat delete with k brace, Coolerworx shifter needs fitting, boost gauge.These are all in boxes and waiting.

Future plans is to visit area motorsport for a full track setup with Verkline goodies, Nitron and camber arms etc.

Can someone guide me into wheels that are light and can take 255 front 235 back tyres?

Aleks

Clarkj93:
I like very much!

Jealous of the Verkline & Nitrons to come, you going full money pit verkline subframe(s) & control arm set or keeping to 1 or 2 pairs of arms?

if on budget (which sounds like you arent!) the TT 9J wheels will fit that kind of setup but if I were you I would go 2Forge, they're reasonably priced for what they are and there is a reason so many race teams (like Area Motorsport) are using them on all their race cars currently.

Aleksandar:
Speaking to Rob at Area motorsport he has advised to go with verkline lower control arms and camber arms from hardrace plus some sverical bushes etc. I wanted to go with the anti squat verkline but he said they tested them and they are not doing much for £1000.
I want the subrframes as well at some point but they are another 2k which I think can wait after the nitron setup from rob.
Do you happen to know how much the tt wheels weigh?
I've been looking at bola 7.8kg each in 8.5j and et 45. Very good price.

Aleksandar:
Managed to find some time today to fit everything I wanted in the back... Love the looks of it now and saved 37.7kg, happy days.. :laugh:

Clarkj93:

--- Quote from: Aleksandar on October 29, 2023, 06:06:59 am ---Speaking to Rob at Area motorsport he has advised to go with verkline lower control arms and camber arms from hardrace plus some sverical bushes etc. I wanted to go with the anti squat verkline but he said they tested them and they are not doing much for £1000.
I want the subrframes as well at some point but they are another 2k which I think can wait after the nitron setup from rob.
Do you happen to know how much the tt wheels weigh?
I've been looking at bola 7.8kg each in 8.5j and et 45. Very good price.

--- End quote ---

Darkside said the same thing about the anti squat bits, shame that, sounded an interesting idea. Umm the TT's will be heavy, I think the 7.5j golf ones are 11kg I think so the wide 9j TT ones I bet are more like 13 or so. Its what I'll probably stick on as I'll run multiple sets of wheels to keep costs down until I can justify the price for performance over other things.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version