Make a donation

Author Topic: WTF!! Has my car been mapped?? :|  (Read 128 times)

Offline Reeceyy

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
WTF!! Has my car been mapped?? :|
« on: Yesterday at 03:37:24 pm »
I changed my diverter valve today. I was getting a p0299 code coming up and researched that it could possible be that (my old one was horrendous!). Today i changed it and then when for a drive.  ---- The thing wheel spins all throughout the rev range in 2nd!! Even the sound is different! I mean wtf!! The difference is monsterous! I have vcds so i checked to see if the ECU has been flashed and this is what i got:

What could youse be able to tell me about this?

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 675
Re: WTF!! Has my car been mapped?? :|
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 05:12:50 pm »
That it's been flashed twice.  With what is anyone's guess.  Could be a dealer update, could be a remap.  Not even VW can tell you what it is, only that the checksum is different to factory.

Log the boost pressures and see what the requested is. If it's much higher than stock, there's your answer.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline ZoliWorks

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 10:07:19 pm »
Your car is stage 1/2 mapped. With a stock tune, there's close to no wheelspin. With a stage 1 tune AND a broken turbo, I was spinning all the way in 2nd gear. I could come off throttle then floor it again and it would spin again.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 10:09:17 pm by ZoliWorks »
Mk5 Jetta 2.0 TFSI Soon-to-be stage 3

Offline Reeceyy

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 11:06:18 pm »
Yeah my turbos got a crack in it too! What bhp you reckon it could be running??

Offline ZoliWorks

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #4 on: Today at 12:06:31 am »
With VCDS, look at boost specified, boost actual, intake air mass g/s and actual torque. You can use intake air mass and torque to estimate BHP. Take the car for a pull in 3rd gear from 3k to 5.5-6k and you should get a good enough reading. Or if you can do the same in 4th gear, it's even better.

My cracked k03 turbo, on a stage 2 map, was underboosting by 0.3-0.4 bars throughout the powerband and making somewhere between 220-230hp
Mk5 Jetta 2.0 TFSI Soon-to-be stage 3