Make a donation

Author Topic: Does the Oversized Ramair Intake require oiling?  (Read 89 times)

Offline SANDEGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
Does the Oversized Ramair Intake require oiling?
« on: Yesterday at 07:40:10 pm »
So I've been wanting to clean my air intake for a while now, it's way overdue and now it's sunny I'm wanting to do these jobs.

From what I remember the instructions didn't include re-oiling the filter after cleaning? But now I've seen videos on YouTube state that they need re-oiling, while others are saying not to do it at all.

Cheers guys. :drinking:
Stage 2+ 2005 Laser Blue

Offline ZoliWorks

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 5
Re: Does the Oversized Ramair Intake require oiling?
« Reply #1 on: Today at 07:05:12 am »
Depends entirely on the filter. If it's a paper filter, straight up replace it with a new one. If it's more cloth-like, probably wash it and oil it if it had oil included in the package or the manual says so.
Mk5 Jetta 2.0 TFSI BWA | Mk6 GTI Front | BorgWarner K04 Turbo | Ta-Technix Air Intake | Ta-Technix 200 Cell Downpipe | Stock Intercooler | Stock Injectors | Stock HPFP | 300hp

Offline Jons1001

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 7
Re: Does the Oversized Ramair Intake require oiling?
« Reply #2 on: Today at 11:04:27 am »
I've got the oversized Ramair and buy the ramair cleaning kit which is a cleaner and oil (i did research if another cleaner would be ok but couldn't get a definitive answer). So you use all the cleaner and then a light misting of oil which means you end up with nearly a full bottle of oil left over, but you can't buy them separately so just end up with loads of oil left over each time, bit of a waste really.