Make a donation

Author Topic: Tackling my right-turn sticky clutch issue, where to start?  (Read 29 times)

Offline OllieVRS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 15
previous post from 2023 here: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,133694.0.html

Have decided it's time to tackle this b*stard, as the stickiness is getting worse and worse, even after slow right-turns it's sticking now. Still no clutch slip though.

We confirmed in the previous post that it's not crankwalk. A gearbox end-cap shim wasn't the solution either.

Also now when reversing up a slight incline it sounds a lot louder and more grindy, which is another cause for concern and I hope not the gears themselves.

Where do I start, is it worth investigating the clutch pedal assembly first before dropping the gearbox? I heard there's a 'clutch-spring' that can fail, is this part of the pedal mechanism or part of the clutch itself?

Cheers

EDIT: Just adding that I have tried pumping the clutch pedal while coasting before a right turn to build up some pressure, didn't reduce the stickiness after the turn
« Last Edit: Today at 02:39:15 pm by OllieVRS »
'06 Skoda Octavia vRS TFSI