All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

62% insurance increase anyone?

(1/4) > >>

Lewo:
Yep, email today says that's what they want.....62% more  :rolleye:
Robbing so and so's, will check comparison sites sure enough.
Was expecting an increase from what I've read but nope, not on.

Jons1001:
Like any insurance, broadband etc. they rip the absolute piss on renewals.

I always get quotes from comparison sites and also a few brokers and then ring the best 2 or 3 to see if i can get a better price. I ring the cheapest first and say 'x company have offered it for £40 less than your quote can you match it?'

Sometimes works sometimes not but worth a go.

OllieVRS:
Less and less insurers here in Ireland want to insure the poor vRS, as it's now 18 years old. According to most of them anything over 10 years old is a death trap  :grin:

The ones that still offer to insure it have put up their prices, I assume due to the age of the car rather than other statistics.

You'll just have to shop around for a better quote.

terrier:
Dog insurance has gone from £18 to £32/month :grin:

pudding:
Yeah the insurance on my 330d went from £665 last year to £1250 this year  :grin: Mental.

Cheapest quote on Go F'ck yourself was £800 through a no name broker with virtually no cover  :grin:

Car parts and labour costs have increased is their excuse. So what. My skills at work have improved in the last year, that doesn't mean I can demand a 62% pay rise! Greedy forkers.

The whole point of insurance is we all pay into a contingency pot to cover life's unexpected events, so what the fook are they doing with all that money?  Oh the world has changed slightly, boo hoo, 9848% more cash from you please. Utter runts, grrrrrrr.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version