Make a donation

Author Topic: Retrofit electric folding mirrors?  (Read 135647 times)

Offline JamboV6

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Re: Retrofit electric folding mirrors?
« Reply #90 on: September 05, 2010, 12:45:03 pm »
where abouts on the mirror unit is the part number located ie. 1k2 857 507 BA, as i am requesting pt no from ebay sellers but they keep replying with numbers that dont mean anything on etka so want to point them in the right direction. Also can someone confirm the the controllers ending in "K" dont fold as i know from experience that some of the info posted on my-gti is wrong, they do the puddle lighting, warning lights and the handle lights, but doesnt show folding
Cheers
James
09 3dr Diamond black DSG~ Vienna leather~winter pack~Black headliner~Cruise~Arm rest~RNS-510~Flapper mod~LED Side lights,Number Plate, interiors, Fog & Reverse~6000K HID Upgrade~Valeo OEM LED Rears~Lowtec spring~R-pad retainers~Auto boot pop~Audi Shark Fin~Alu mirrors~Centre cap mod with .:R caps.

Offline mortygttdi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #91 on: September 05, 2010, 01:04:45 pm »
James your controllers are the same has my original ones which were K and they are Min controllers so will not fold,  you need L controllers which is Max versions and will be fine for folding. 

I bought 1K0 959 701L Z04 for the drivers folding and it works perfect I cannot remember the passenger side part number but maybe something like 1K0 959 702L Z04?

Cheers

Darren

Offline JamboV6

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: September 05, 2010, 01:10:48 pm »
cheers i just wanted to confirm. What about the mirror pt no location, been trawling through google images but cant find anything!
09 3dr Diamond black DSG~ Vienna leather~winter pack~Black headliner~Cruise~Arm rest~RNS-510~Flapper mod~LED Side lights,Number Plate, interiors, Fog & Reverse~6000K HID Upgrade~Valeo OEM LED Rears~Lowtec spring~R-pad retainers~Auto boot pop~Audi Shark Fin~Alu mirrors~Centre cap mod with .:R caps.

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
« Reply #93 on: September 05, 2010, 01:14:21 pm »
I think its on the base of the mirror i.e the bit that connects to the car...?  Ill go have a look - I have some mirrors in the shed so should be able to find it for you.

Darren

Offline JamboV6

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: September 05, 2010, 01:19:02 pm »
Cheers Darren, i think i might have found some but want to confirm the pt no with the seller but he cant hind the right number so want to tell him exactly where to look. :happy2:

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
« Reply #95 on: September 05, 2010, 01:31:18 pm »
I've just thought on put a ad in the wanted section I know someone who maybe selling the folding mirrors with the switch :wink:

Darren

Offline JamboV6

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: September 05, 2010, 01:47:23 pm »
Done!
the ones im looking at at the mo have the puddle lights but the seller cant confirm the folding as they havent been powered up and he cant find the right pt number, ive been through etka and according to that all mirrors with puddle lights are folding, but really wanted to confirm the pt number before buying

James

Offline JamboV6

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: September 05, 2010, 05:24:35 pm »
Darren, any luck with locating where the part number actually is?
James

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
« Reply #98 on: September 05, 2010, 05:29:55 pm »
Yeh Jambo but no luck actually locating the number I've striped a full mirror down and there is no usual 1K0 number or any thing...?

Ill keep trying

Darren

Offline JamboV6

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #99 on: September 05, 2010, 05:32:10 pm »
Its ok Darren, thanks for all your help, i think ill just buy them if if they are wrong resell them on.

James

Offline JamboV6

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #100 on: September 07, 2010, 07:38:19 am »
Will the 701M do the same as the 701K ie puddle lights, handle lights and warning lights but not fold, what about the kirb view is that only availible on the N&Q controllers
Ive just bought some mirrors and K controllers for a good price(if they are what ive been told they are, find out when they arrive) and according to ETKA and VW sparts guy any mirror with puddle lights is also capable of power fold and kirb view with the correct controller so trying to workout/decide if i need new controller for the kirb view/really need the folding!
cheers
James

Offline daveangel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #101 on: September 07, 2010, 09:31:26 pm »
Auto dimming, means the glass should turn darker when the interior mirror dims, however check the price of the glass at £280. I can't get my retrofitted one to work in my 2008 car, currently thinking the cable is missing in the door

For a drivers controller  for a 4 door ;-

I think you want 1K0 959 701 N Z7A which has been replaced with 1K0 959 701 AG Z11

For the passenger side

I think 1K0 959 702 AG Z1Z which has been replaced with 1K0 959 702 Ag Z35, you will also get the benefit of this of having the passenger mirror dip when you select reverse and turn the mirror switch to L

Cameluk

many thanks for your help.  the drivers side door regulator you suggested works a treat 1K0 959 701 AG Z11

i tried to order the passenger side but the vw dealer came up with a different number.  comparing the fitted to model on the right of ETKA he suggest 1k0 959 702 Z1X which is one away from your Z1Z?

Both numbers have been superceeded and eventually end up as a mk6 5k0 part number.  do you argree with vw or was there a reason you went with z1z.  i must admit i agree with you although thats maybe not worth too much givin my love of etka.

ps has anyone added door lights vice reflectors as fitted in the US?  i cant find any reference to those lights at all, but plenty of pictures from the states suggesting they exist

thanks for your help
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 09:45:28 pm by daveangel »

Offline golfman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 33
  • If your not first your last!!!
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,69645.0.html
« Reply #102 on: September 07, 2010, 11:03:15 pm »
Auto dimming, means the glass should turn darker when the interior mirror dims, however check the price of the glass at £280. I can't get my retrofitted one to work in my 2008 car, currently thinking the cable is missing in the door

For a drivers controller  for a 4 door ;-

I think you want 1K0 959 701 N Z7A which has been replaced with 1K0 959 701 AG Z11

For the passenger side

I think 1K0 959 702 AG Z1Z which has been replaced with 1K0 959 702 Ag Z35, you will also get the benefit of this of having the passenger mirror dip when you select reverse and turn the mirror switch to L

Cameluk

many thanks for your help.  the drivers side door regulator you suggested works a treat 1K0 959 701 AG Z11

i tried to order the passenger side but the vw dealer came up with a different number.  comparing the fitted to model on the right of ETKA he suggest 1k0 959 702 Z1X which is one away from your Z1Z?

Both numbers have been superceeded and eventually end up as a mk6 5k0 part number.  do you argree with vw or was there a reason you went with z1z.  i must admit i agree with you although thats maybe not worth too much givin my love of etka.

ps has anyone added door lights vice reflectors as fitted in the US?  i cant find any reference to those lights at all, but plenty of pictures from the states suggesting they exist

thanks for your help
Hi dave what year of car do you have?
cheers
scott

Modded The Way I Like It!!!!!!
Vag-com Hex+Can in scotland
I Hate Timewasters...

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
« Reply #103 on: September 07, 2010, 11:52:11 pm »
Z1X and Z1Z are more or less the same controller apart from a couple of options that don't affect the use of it.  Either way both controllers are superceded to Z1X is now 5K0 959 702A Z1T and Z1Z is now 5K0 959 702 Z1V both at £204.45 give or take a few quid for dealer changes.

Darren

Offline daveangel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #104 on: September 08, 2010, 10:05:07 am »

[/quote]
Hi dave what year of car do you have?
cheers
scott
[/quote]

@cameluk.  thanks.  i ended up at 5k0 959 702A Z1V as well.  thats the baby then!!

cheers guys