Make a donation

Author Topic: Retrofit electric folding mirrors?  (Read 135664 times)

Offline daveangel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
Re: Retrofit electric folding mirrors?
« Reply #105 on: September 08, 2010, 08:40:14 pm »
i've just noticed the part number stuck to the side of the controller is recognised by etka at £85.  is it impossible to find out the controller part number fitted to the new mk6 5K0 etc motor/regulators?  as it seems £100 is the motor which i dont really need??

Offline mortygttdi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #106 on: September 08, 2010, 08:55:19 pm »
The only person i know who has the new mk6 controllers is the OP, Steve(seckles) i didn't take much notice of the module number sorry, but if you can speak to Steve and persade him to take the door cards off his and see what the numbers are then bonus mate.

Cheers

Darren

Offline daveangel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #107 on: September 16, 2010, 10:27:19 pm »
Both controllers are now superseded to mk6 modules 5K0 959 701A Z01 & 5K0 959 702 Z02 I think thats the numbers off the top of my head?  coding on a 4 door car was

Drivers: 4790
Passengers: 5046

Darren

darren, does this give reverse mirror postition when in reverse and then straighten up going forward on the passenger door??

thanks

Offline daveangel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #108 on: September 17, 2010, 08:18:01 pm »
the brand new door regulator i have fitted works fine, but gives fault codes for mirror movement hor/ver.  i've changed the mirror complete and it makes no odds.  is there some way of setting the sensing level within the controller or see what it is?  or is it just faulty??

thanks

Offline M44NTU-3.2

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #109 on: October 22, 2010, 10:59:20 pm »
cameluk ,

Hi mate I've got the folding mirrors on my car,its a 08 same years as yours.
I've got the vcds printout regarding controllers hope this helps in anyway.

lee.

Address 42: Door Elect, Driver        Labels: 1K0-959-701-MAX3.lbl
   Part No SW: 1K0 959 701 AL    HW: 1K0 959 701 AL
   Component: Tuer-SG         006 1204 
   Coding: 0000694
   Shop #: WSC 01279 785 00200

Address 52: Door Elect, Pass.        Labels: 1K0-959-702-MAX3.lbl
   Part No SW: 1K0 959 702 N    HW: 1K0 959 702 N
   Component: Tuer-SG         006 1220 
   Coding: 0000950

hi hoping someone can help me, ive retrofitted folding mirrors a while back and only just recently bought a new switch (mirror ) from vw so i can actaully select the fold option

i went into vag-com and added the coding 4096 to my drivers door first and when i clicked save

it said coding rejected error 31 request out of range

so im pretty stumped to as why it wont accept the coding, because my part numbers are the same as the above for both sides driver and passenger

are my door controllers not got the folding capabilities

images included of my door controllers#

DRIVER

PASSENGER

im also sure my mirrors are folding

because took the mirror cover off and could see extra wires coming out of where the turn mechanism is. part number for mirror are

driver side

1K2 857 502 EB 9B9

Passenger side

1K2 857 501 BL 9B9

rang the dealer up and gave him the part numbers and he said there are not coming up in the system,

also the date on the part number sticker said 10/04/2006 so they are off the early models

i wanted to find out that if they are actually folding mirrors not just mirrors with entry lights, but like i said im sure they are folding as my standard mirrors didnt have the extra wires that go into the turn mechanism inside the mirror( lol hope i make sense) and i may be wrong, cos when i bought them off ebay he said they are folding

anyways enough rambling cos im sure ive confused someone

any help is apreciated!

also on my standard  mirrors before i changed em i had the reverse kirb mirror, obvioulsy when i fitted the mirrors with puddle lights and i kept on getting this error

just recently i took apart my old mirror and swapped the middle black unit that the mirror sits on and all the wiring for the mirror dipp and i added it to the mirror with the puddle light and the above error  went away, wiring was very easy, just followed the pin layout etc, but now i cant get it to dip when i select reverse, obvioulsy mirror switch is in left position, does anyone know if the mirror has to be re-calibrated, ive tried 3 or 4 differnt ways to make it learn, but it the mirror never goes back up. any help on this situation is aprecaited too lol, thanks
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 11:10:34 pm by M44NTU-3.2 »
MKV R32 DSG

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=gg20neptpo4hi6c3d8b0crc42n&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #110 on: October 22, 2010, 11:05:03 pm »
Ive got them on me Edition and they are pretty naff TBH... they dont fold in that far and you have to manually fold them! If they folded up when you turned the ignition of id like them more!

Offline M44NTU-3.2

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #111 on: October 22, 2010, 11:15:19 pm »
lol yea i know they dont fold in that much, but its bugging me that its not working lol, ive got ocd i think, i dont even ever fold my mirrors but i want it working so i can forget about it lol, its like a itch on my back that wont go away
MKV R32 DSG

Offline daveangel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #112 on: October 23, 2010, 10:54:06 am »
cameluk ,

Hi mate I've got the folding mirrors on my car,its a 08 same years as yours.
I've got the vcds printout regarding controllers hope this helps in anyway.

lee.

Address 42: Door Elect, Driver        Labels: 1K0-959-701-MAX3.lbl
   Part No SW: 1K0 959 701 AL    HW: 1K0 959 701 AL
   Component: Tuer-SG         006 1204  

Address 52: Door Elect, Pass.        Labels: 1K0-959-702-MAX3.lbl
   Part No SW: 1K0 959 702 N    HW: 1K0 959 702 N
   Component: Tuer-SG         006 1220  
   Coding: 0000950

hi hoping someone can help me, ive retrofitted folding mirrors a while back and only just recently bought a new switch (mirror ) from vw so i can actaully select the fold option

i went into vag-com and added the coding 4096 to my drivers door first and when i clicked save

it said coding rejected error 31 request out of range

so im pretty stumped to as why it wont accept the coding, because my part numbers are the same as the above for both sides driver and passenger

are my door controllers not got the folding capabilities

images included of my door controllers#

DRIVER

PASSENGER

im also sure my mirrors are folding

because took the mirror cover off and could see extra wires coming out of where the turn mechanism is. part number for mirror are

driver side

1K2 857 502 EB 9B9

Passenger side

1K2 857 501 BL 9B9

rang the dealer up and gave him the part numbers and he said there are not coming up in the system,

also the date on the part number sticker said 10/04/2006 so they are off the early models

i wanted to find out that if they are actually folding mirrors not just mirrors with entry lights, but like i said im sure they are folding as my standard mirrors didnt have the extra wires that go into the turn mechanism inside the mirror( lol hope i make sense) and i may be wrong, cos when i bought them off ebay he said they are folding

anyways enough rambling cos im sure ive confused someone

any help is apreciated!

also on my standard  mirrors before i changed em i had the reverse kirb mirror, obvioulsy when i fitted the mirrors with puddle lights and i kept on getting this error

just recently i took apart my old mirror and swapped the middle black unit that the mirror sits on and all the wiring for the mirror dipp and i added it to the mirror with the puddle light and the above error  went away, wiring was very easy, just followed the pin layout etc, but now i cant get it to dip when i select reverse, obvioulsy mirror switch is in left position, does anyone know if the mirror has to be re-calibrated, ive tried 3 or 4 differnt ways to make it learn, but it the mirror never goes back up. any help on this situation is aprecaited too lol, thanks

i also had this problem.  i changed every part of the mirrot assembly out and it made no difference.  i eventually twigged that the mirror that came off had extra wires that enable the mirror to tild down when in reverse.  as far as i can see this would make no difference to the mirror glass motor but it was annoying me so i replaced the mirror with a new one specific to the controller on the window regulator.  the fault vanished never to retrun.  cant really explain it but check if the mirror you removed has about 4 extra wires, or see if your new mirror tilts in reverse with the switch in L.  

if the window regulator wont accept the coding as you increase to 4096 etc then the regulator does not support that feature.  the only way is to replace the regulator.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 10:57:01 am by daveangel »

Offline M44NTU-3.2

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #113 on: October 23, 2010, 09:50:10 pm »
i transfered all the wires from my old mirror to the new mirror and the error disappeared, i also transfered the black circle box type thing that the mirror sits in, but i just cant get it to dip, the regulator can dip because the dip worked on my old mirrors, so just need to find out how to reprograme the mirror so it can dip again, need to adjust the mirror manually so it can learn that position, but unsure how to do it. also i thought my regulators would be able to fold, cos the part numbers are the same as the guy that has folding mirrors from factory, so im unsure again! lol, thanks for any help
MKV R32 DSG

Offline JamboV6

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #114 on: December 12, 2010, 01:19:29 pm »
MAN44NTU-32 out of interest, the plug for the glass position motor, how many cables does it have?

Can i use 4door controllers on a 2 door? still trying to find controllers and they all seem to be 4door ones!
09 3dr Diamond black DSG~ Vienna leather~winter pack~Black headliner~Cruise~Arm rest~RNS-510~Flapper mod~LED Side lights,Number Plate, interiors, Fog & Reverse~6000K HID Upgrade~Valeo OEM LED Rears~Lowtec spring~R-pad retainers~Auto boot pop~Audi Shark Fin~Alu mirrors~Centre cap mod with .:R caps.

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #115 on: February 18, 2011, 02:56:36 pm »
Hi jake this is what i have on my 2006 golf :happy2:
Address 42: Door Elect, Driver        Labels: 1K0-959-701-MAX2.lbl
   Part No: 1K0 959 701 L
   Component: Tuer-SG         024 2444 
   Shop #: WSC 01287 785 00200

No fault code found.

Address 52: Door Elect, Pass.        Labels: 1K0-959-702-MAX1.lbl
   Part No: 1K0 959 702 G
   Component: Tuersteuergeraet 09 0172 
   Coding: 0000054
   Shop #: WSC 01287 785 00200

No fault code found.

scott :happy2:

Sorry for resurrecting this thread, but spent the best part of today searching for suitable controllers on the bay and wanted to confirm some details with you if I can Scott.

I have managed to track down 1K0959702G and 1K0959702L controllers so GEN2 max to work with folding function but a couple of them state only suitable for 2 door is there a PR code or variance in the numbers or models that I need to check for to ensure they are 4 door compatible? Or were all GEN2 4 door compatible?

Also are you able to confirm if the mirror unit itself stayed the same between GEN2 and GEN3 controllers?  Or do I need to source 2004-2006 folding mirrors, or will any folding mirror be suitable?

Cheers for any confirmation people can provide.  :party:

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline danishmkvgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
« Reply #116 on: February 18, 2011, 02:58:21 pm »
 :popcornsoda:

Over the top mod list ;o)

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
« Reply #117 on: February 18, 2011, 03:46:58 pm »
Rich the 702G needs to be a 004 which is the folding for the passenger side, and 701L 004 is driver folding all the wing mirrors are the same right through the model years,

I have got the mirror dip working by re-wiring the passenger door controller, the only difference with the wiring from gen1/2 to gen3 is the central locking and the window button. once they are changed.

I now have folding with mirror dip, puddle lights and auto dazzle wing mirrors.

Both me and Scott have a spare passenger controller for 4 door folding.

Darren 

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #118 on: February 18, 2011, 03:57:37 pm »
Cheers Darren, so I need to see one with PR code 004 for the driver side if you are interested in selling the passenger folding 4 door controller then I will take it off you.

If you get a GEN3 then you just need to change the window switches and the driver door handle for the central locking buttons.  Would rather stick with GEN2 if I can seems the GEN3 are needlessly complicated.

Have found a german seller with new electric folding mirrors for the passenger side rather cheap £65 delivered if anyone else is interested, just need to find a driver side mirror now.

Let me know regarding selling the controller.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
« Reply #119 on: February 18, 2011, 04:34:03 pm »
Cheers Darren, so I need to see one with PR code 004 for the driver side if you are interested in selling the passenger folding 4 door controller then I will take it off you.

If you get a GEN3 then you just need to change the window switches and the driver door handle for the central locking buttons.  Would rather stick with GEN2 if I can seems the GEN3 are needlessly complicated.

Have found a german seller with new electric folding mirrors for the passenger side rather cheap £65 delivered if anyone else is interested, just need to find a driver side mirror now.

Let me know regarding selling the controller.

Hi Rich If you look in the for sale section Scott has his controller in there, it maybe a couple of pages. 

The conversion from gen1/2 to gen3 is just 4 wires changing on the controller for the central locking and 3 wires moving for the window button.  nothing needs swapping over ie buttons or handles? you just need a mk6 controller that will do the options you need. 

I was lucky I got the controller for nothing off a mate who was breaking a mk6 GTI which I knew had the dipping, it was a bonus that the controller was a folding one :grin:

Darren