Make a donation

Author Topic: NQS BBK A Not Quite So Big Brake Kit..NQS Rear mods now.....  (Read 417505 times)

Offline drval85

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Re: NQS BBK A Not Quite So Big Brake Kit..NQS Rear mods now.....
« Reply #990 on: December 20, 2020, 11:22:35 pm »
Hello!  Looking for some help. I’ve had the NQSBBK installed for a while. Have a clicking that drives me nuts. When hitting the brakes after switching between first and reverse.

I’ll hit the brakes, and the pads will rock either up or down in the caliper along the rotor depending on the direction I’m going and make noise. Almost like the pads are too small for the caliper. No squealing. Anyone ever dealt with this? Have a video of the pads moving, but can’t attach it. Don’t have the shims installed, because I was under the impression those are for squealing, not this issue. Akebono pads for non-S boxsters.

Edit: the Akebono brake pads are at fault. Common issue with BMW platforms with Akebono as well.  Slightly too small, so they rock back and forth in the caliper and click with each change of direction. Anyone ever resolve this somehow?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2020, 06:56:00 pm by drval85 »

Offline drval85

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Re: NQS BBK A Not Quite So Big Brake Kit..NQS Rear mods now.....
« Reply #991 on: April 19, 2021, 11:58:22 pm »
Anyone know if these calipers will interfere with a set of BBS RS795’s?  18x8 et43, but the RG2’s I own only clear by like 1.5 mm and they’re 18x8 et40.