Make a donation

Author Topic: Outrageous  (Read 10748 times)

Offline cmdrfire

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 14
    • Commander Fire - my blog
    • Email
Re: Outrageous
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2010, 06:44:32 pm »
It was £1.30.9 last time for super (BP Ultimate) near where I work. It's getting a bit silly tbh, as over the last three weeks it's been a continuous rise.

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2010, 01:40:24 am »
this is one of the main reasons i didn't trade my gttdi in for a R32 last  year...the price of fuel and the tax on it are just craxy

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2010, 08:01:57 am »
this is one of the main reasons i didn't trade my gttdi in for a R32 last  year...the price of fuel and the tax on it are just craxy

....I know it's easy for me to say, but don't let the taxing barsturds grind you down. If possible, make other financial sacrifices if you really enjoy your car fun.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Ifti

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2010, 09:11:16 am »
Due to my increased driving now, this was one of the main reasons why I sold my GTI.
I used to go through a tank of fuel in just under a week, and it was costing me approx £50 to fill up.

I bought myself a 1.9TDI now - no fun driving, but Im saving tons of money.
Its been almost 2 weeks since I filled the tank, and 500 miles later, Im just under the half tank mark! I feel as though the car is running on air at the moment as Ive not popped into my local Shell garage for a while - it seems like I havent filled up for absolutely ages! Guess I was used to popping into the petrol station so often before!

As I said, no fun driving at all, but Im happier that Im saving a ton of money on fuel/tax/insurance.

Offline cmdrfire

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2010, 03:02:45 pm »
I wouldn't swap for diesel. No way. I'm planning something though... those of you who know about my line of work may hazard a guess  :rolleye:

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2010, 04:41:56 pm »
It is getting a bit of a joke now tbh! I remember when I had my ED30 a few years ago it was approx £55.00 to brim it. The S3 is costing between £75.00 - £80.00 at the moment! That is a massive hike in a short space of time! When you fill up 2-3 times a week it really does make a difference!  :surprised: :scared:

Im not complaining thought I would'nt have it any other way, tried having a diesel and hated it!  :fighting:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2010, 04:44:13 pm »
I wouldn't swap for diesel. No way. I'm planning something though... those of you who know about my line of work may hazard a guess  :rolleye:

....What? To get your Karmann Ghia roadworthy? To mount that extra machine gun on your WW2 bike?

Hmm.. probably gonna be something that only farts silently  :sad1:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline cmdrfire

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2010, 05:09:39 pm »
I wouldn't swap for diesel. No way. I'm planning something though... those of you who know about my line of work may hazard a guess  :rolleye:

....What? To get your Karmann Ghia roadworthy? To mount that extra machine gun on your WW2 bike?

Hmm.. probably gonna be something that only farts silently  :sad1:

Karmann and bike will both certainly be part of the mix! (the Karmann is still in bits though). But dead on about the silent thingy... makes sense for commuting to work and back.

Nasir

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2010, 05:15:40 pm »
This is a depressing topic, but are the politicians debating about fuel costs and why they wont stop raping us? :sad1: