General > Random Chat

Would love to know...

(1/2) > >>

jimlad09:
driving home tonight after a curry with the parents in town and the police are obviously keen to get people speeding on the main road in (in this case its a 50 with staggered 40 and 30 limits for villages). Having seen a normal octavia squad car havin pulled someone on our way into town i was well on my guard on the way back. I dont speed anyway but equally sure not to drift up by accident.

So on my return from town about 11pm on a friday night i see a police car come hammering up behind me no blue lights or anything n sits behind me and we go through a village, all the time hes dropping back and coming back up behind me. Granted he wasnt tail gating but enough to get his headlights in my rear view and then leaving the village on a long straight drops aaaalll the way back shoots up a bit then dives off (without indicating which just annoys me) down a little road.

Pulling into my village i see rounding the corner a set of headlights and whilst unloading the parents who had had a drink (i hadnt) he crawled past my driveaway only to dissapear again.

My question is....how much can a policemen get away with that kind of driving. fine it wasnt dangerous but it boarder line "egging on" and a little erratic but where would you stand if you'd said "mr judge he pushed me into speeding" or something not that i would be pressured like this but simply out of interest

as for the lack of indicators thats just ignorant!

please let me know what you think/know as its a grey area on me....

Nasir:
Sometimes they sit behind you for a few minutes to run the checks on you and the car, other times they're being twa*s.

Janner_Sy:
i reckon he was trying to goad you into booting it, id have reported him

jimlad09:
Thing is im not against the police, i mean especially in my local area its about time they started getting people. my village is on a fairly busy A road but not ott and you hear at night people screaming through (Think of the hedgehogs!!!). So in one respect im pleased they are there. But once they've ran my plate, checked my speed and either pulled me or ruled me out...cant they do something else instead of thinking im dumb enough to think "oh hes pulled off, lucky me" drop two gears n go? neah!

I just woundered how people thought you'd stand in a similar situation if i had been the guy that hammered it after being followed?!

MAT ED30:
If it was me driving and they kept doing that I would have just stuck my foot on the brake and my brakes brake quicker and harder than his  :grin: and then when they pull you that's when you say why are driving like that it's just wrong and then get his name and number and report him. I had one try it with me a while back, followed me for about 4 miles from one set of traffic light on to the m62 and followed every lane change I made and then pulled me  :fighting: I had wife (solicitor) and my 2 year old son in the back and was asked if it was my car and I said yes and why have I been pulled? He said just checking it's your car  :fighting: , what he should have said was I like the look of your car I just wanted to have a nose around it  :laugh:. My wife just said to him you have no reason to pull us over and so I said good bye and drove off  :booty: I think I shocked him by driving off too  :laugh:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version