Poll

Which one is best?

HTC Desire
9 (36%)
iPhone 3GS
16 (64%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: May 06, 2010, 08:15:50 pm

Author Topic: HTC Desire or iPhone 3GS  (Read 5840 times)

Offline john_o

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 136
  • -Receive: 108
    • My Car Blog
Re: HTC Desire or iPhone 3GS
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2010, 12:50:50 pm »
Im a fan of the Android OS that runs on these phones keith :happy2:
v2.1 is sooo much better and the improved hardware of the newer phones means it runs swiftly.
v2.2 is imment to be rolled out too, the pace at which updates are coming is pretty mindblowing.

HTC add their own customisations (called SensUI) on top of 'vanilla' android, a lot of people prefer the way it looks/acts.
the downside so far is that updates can be slower (as HTC have to wait for the update then add SenseUI back on top) , but the 'fragmentation' of the android versions/platform is being addressed  :happy2:

Current top of the crop are

Motorola Droid , really kick started the android 2.0 phenomenon but getting old now

Google Nexus One v2.1 but will get updates first as its 'Googles' phone.
HTC Desire : v2.1 +Sense

(the two above as Ive said are basically the same phone)

HTC Incredible is the new king.

I used to love my N95 , jumped to v1.5 android (a tad too soon) , but love it and desp want a NexusOne/Desire  :signLOL:
Its also worth mentioning that Nokia are making good improvements with their new 'v3' symbian OS

just dont expect anything like decent battery life if you use all its functionality.
also google maps nav is now enabled for the UK (free satnav)

Red ED35 5dr DSG
DEFI boost guage / RTech Stg1 Engine/DSG / PPMk7 front brakes
BLOG | BUILD

Offline animal

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 8
  • .:R32
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2010, 03:57:42 pm »
I'm trying to swap my Satio for an Xperia X10 at the moment - I'm keen to move to Android too.

I tried the HTC at a dinner party last night and I really liked it. If I ever jump ship from Sony Ericsson (the Satio was a huge let-down!) it'll be to HTC.

My other half has moved to 3GS recently (from SE) and really doesn't like it. Just my 2p.

JOHN_O - Symbian is dead. The Satio runs s60 V5 (licensed from Nokia!) and development has more or less ceased. They are clutching at straws with the new version(s) in an effort to keep up with Android and Iphone OS.
Only 250.1bhp - but with that noise, who cares?

Mile-muncher ordered: MkVI 1.6 TDi BlueMotion Match DSG with leather, winter pack, luxury pack, fogs, climate control, Dynaudio pack, RCD510 with DAB & MDI, flat tyre indicator

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2010, 10:14:46 pm »
I was torn between HTC Touch HD and the iPhone 3G at the time. Then I heard a new iPhone was gonna be out and when it was released, the Touch HD had been discontinued. Hence I went for the 3GS.

The iPhoneis a reflection of how macs used to be - very safe and easy to use but a bit limited unless you jailbreak it.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline john_o

• Thank You
  • -Given: 136
  • -Receive: 108
    • My Car Blog
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2010, 10:16:22 am »
x10 is another good call animal  :happy2: but a bit of an unknown tbh
v5 s60 ok , looks not bad though. shame the wagons moving pretty fast before nokia even get on it ...
Red ED35 5dr DSG
DEFI boost guage / RTech Stg1 Engine/DSG / PPMk7 front brakes
BLOG | BUILD

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2010, 12:28:29 pm »
Love that comparison Stealth :grin:
Golf R gone.

Offline cmdrfire

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 14
    • Commander Fire - my blog
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2010, 02:35:02 pm »
Stealth, that comparison is amazing! Might have to post it in one of the Mac threads  :laugh:

HTC all the way. Easily the best phone h/w around, and with Android 2.1 with Sense on top very nice s/w too.
Remember the Nexus One (Googlephone) is actually made by HTC too!

Offline mclovin

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 8
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2010, 03:36:49 pm »
The iPhone 4 should be pretty impressive, in fact I wouldn't buy a new phone before that comes out. There will also be a host of new phones coming out this summer, Dell for example are about to launch 2 Android based phones (and they are going to be very impressive - http://gizmodo.com/5521609/dells-next-android-phones-flash-thunder-and-smoke) and they're also going to be launching a pretty sexy Windows Phone 7 unit (http://gizmodo.com/5521439/dell-lightning-is-a-beauty-who-runs-windows-phone-7). In fact, the Windows Phone 7 platform is likely to shake things up considerably:

http://www.windowsphone7.com/

Personally I'm considering upgrading my iPhone 3G to an iPhone 4 next month (launches June 7th) but even I am considering holding on for these Windows Phone 7 units to launch before I take the plunge (and yes, HTC will be launching one too).
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 03:38:49 pm by mclovin »

Offline cmdrfire

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 14
    • Commander Fire - my blog
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2010, 04:17:42 pm »
Those Windows 7 phones look sweet as anything. You can download the devkit and emulator and have it running on your computer and it's a swish interface. Phones will be very highly spec'd too... but launch isn't until September!