Make a donation

Author Topic: Been out in a Golf R  (Read 33784 times)

Offline VC

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
Re: Been out in a Golf R
« Reply #120 on: May 06, 2010, 05:45:08 pm »

If you're waiting for a VW or Audi that will make you go WOW, then I think you'll be waiting a long time!

i disagree

audi R8 - wow

and on the vw horizon:

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #121 on: May 06, 2010, 07:49:31 pm »
I'll literally be amazed if that makes it to production looking as it does there.

I'll reluctantly give you the R8, but it certainly doesn't wow me. It's all a bit too clinical and Germanic for me, certainly not flamboyant like a supercar should be, imo. It doesn't feel much different to sit in than any other Audi.

Offline candy turbo

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #122 on: May 06, 2010, 08:12:25 pm »
i dont think the R has sold that well , every dealer in the country has one sat in there showroom and most have 1 as a staff car too the allocated numbers may have left vw but the dealers have got them they have nt sold them , i think its a great car with all the extras its very nice but with out its very poor imo i have yet to see one with recaro s ?

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #123 on: May 06, 2010, 08:15:22 pm »
its called marketing ie vw only letting a very very small amount come out first to test if people will buy them and yes they might have sold out but thats due to dealers buying them and not people buying them  :laugh: due to the stupid price  :P

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Saint Steve

« Reply #124 on: May 06, 2010, 09:01:11 pm »
I'd like to see any dealer being able to buy an R, in this climate aswell?? Yeah right!!!
Dealers have a demo car to try and sell which actually still belongs to Volkswagen uk.
My dealer has sold 3 R's so far, and Darren cooper (son of Peter cooper Volkswagen) has brought one for himself  after selling his toureg v10. To my utter disgust,it's a red 5 door dsg aswell .

:sad1:
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 09:07:56 pm by Saint Steve »

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #125 on: May 06, 2010, 09:16:12 pm »
do you honestly want one that bad ? when its in the 20k price it will be a good buy but just not yet  :rolleye: would i buy one new?No  :laugh: does it make me think that i will wait for the price to drop and then buy one ? NO as its just an s3 with a golf body pure and simple. Who cares what i think anyway  :P i am  :stupid:

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline candy turbo

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #126 on: May 06, 2010, 10:01:36 pm »
I'd like to see any dealer being able to buy an R, in this climate aswell?? Yeah right!!!
Dealers have a demo car to try and sell which actually still belongs to Volkswagen uk.
My dealer has sold 3 R's so far, and Darren cooper (son of Peter cooper Volkswagen) has brought one for himself  after selling his toureg v10. To my utter disgust,it's a red 5 door dsg aswell .

:sad1:
[/quotethe dealers buy them of vw , they all do that,   the demo is usually one which the dealer has brought too  or an ex vw management car

Offline VC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
« Reply #127 on: May 07, 2010, 11:54:21 am »
I'll literally be amazed if that makes it to production looking as it does there.

I'll reluctantly give you the R8, but it certainly doesn't wow me. It's all a bit too clinical and Germanic for me, certainly not flamboyant like a supercar should be, imo. It doesn't feel much different to sit in than any other Audi.

vw have a pretty good track record of turning concepts into production vehicles, eg concept one became the new beetle, the eos made it, the iroc became the new rocco and the jetta coupe is selling over the pond

that small convertible is already production ready and is to follow on the heels of the jetta coupe getting the bluemotion hybrid technology

.... just needs the boys at the new R division within vw to be allowed to make a TT powered version