Make a donation

Author Topic: Autotech HPFP with Revo Stage 1  (Read 41458 times)

Offline KRL

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 29
Re: Autotech HPFP with Revo Stage 1
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2010, 10:45:50 pm »

Really excellent review, KRL  :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :notworthy:

When I installed my Twintake and consequently increased my power etc I went the other way (on JKM's advice) and reduced my Revo setting instead of upgrading the fuel pump. My gut feeling favours the APR HPFP over the others but it ain't cheap.

So you are considering getting a HPFP?  :evilgrin:

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2010, 09:53:19 am »

Really excellent review, KRL  :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :notworthy:

When I installed my Twintake and consequently increased my power etc I went the other way (on JKM's advice) and reduced my Revo setting instead of upgrading the fuel pump. My gut feeling favours the APR HPFP over the others but it ain't cheap.

So you are considering getting a HPFP?  :evilgrin:

....Nope. Not while she runs sweetly as is and JKM fairly regularly monitor on the dyno.

Mods list includes TT wishbones, road-legal track rubber, intercooler, and something else I'll post about when completed in a few months.  :wink:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline George

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2011, 06:43:40 pm »
Great review, I will now be fitting this to my ED30 (when I find one) before any mapping takes place :)

Offline Bernhard30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2011, 01:38:16 am »
I also went Autotech pump route when going to Revo Stg1 on my Ed30, car went to 311bhp. And felt pretty fab.

I wanted to have that extra cap for fuel delivery if & when it was needed - a little bit for my own peace of mind.
Changed the cam follower at the same time too.

Pump and Map. Good mod, I'd say.
Started a modding bug for me though, so that's the downside.

I also heard the 'even stock maps benefit from the uprated fuel pump' information, as the stock pump already runs up near to it's top operational threshold.

Offline marka87uk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2011, 11:41:59 pm »
Does anyone have a dyno graph of Revo stage 1 with uprated HPFP? I'd be interested to see how it compares to one without. :happy2:
Steel Grey Edition 30 DSG

Offline berto

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2012, 08:03:01 am »

Performance

I am really surprised by how much difference this had made to the performance of the car.  It has never felt this strong! I did not do any dyno's but I can really feel the difference this has made and I am a happy bunny!  I feel like I have more power and more torque everywhere in the rev range.  The car feels far more consistent with its power delivery which I put down to the fuel rail constantly maintaining the requested pressure.  

With REVO the pump has allowed me to tweak the settings far beyond what I could run with the OEM pump.  This will be a big factor in the difference it has made to the car.  On other non adjustable remaps you may not feel as much of a difference.  The car feels smoother at WOT and in normal driving.  I have not noticed a change in MPG.

The extra boost brought some more sounds to life from my Twintake and DV as well.  The Twintake is fluttering more on turbo spool and the DV is making a more high pitched noise which is all good :)

Hi!

I've a question for you, or any other person that reads this and tried the same

did you got extra performance with the same settings or after tweaking settings?

do you have logs before and after pump upgrade apart of the new rail pressure with the same settings? differences in specified boost or other parameters?
as I suppose the target lambda should be the same and the actual lambda reached target lambda

thanks in advance

PS: I understand that this was in a S3 TFSI stage 1, right?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 08:22:06 am by berto »

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2012, 10:50:00 am »
Hi!

did you got extra performance with the same settings or after tweaking settings?

do you have logs before and after pump upgrade apart of the new rail pressure with the same settings? differences in specified boost or other parameters?
as I suppose the target lambda should be the same and the actual lambda reached target lambda

thanks in advance

....With the OEM pump on my Mk5 GTI 2.0T FSI, my logs at JKM showed that my Revo 2 settings needed adjustment to accommodate the fact that, since fitting a Forge Twintake the air fuel mix was occasionally causing hesitation under sudden wide open throttle (such as starting a fast overtake).

Since fitting an APR high pressure fuel pump my car feels stronger and smoother throughout the rev range, obviously due to a more suitable air-fuel mix. My Revo 2 settings are now back up to B7 / F7 / T5.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline berto

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2012, 12:56:01 pm »
Hi!

thanks in advance

....With the OEM pump on my Mk5 GTI 2.0T FSI, my logs at JKM showed that my Revo 2 settings needed adjustment to accommodate the fact that, since fitting a Forge Twintake the air fuel mix was occasionally causing hesitation under sudden wide open throttle (such as starting a fast overtake).

Since fitting an APR high pressure fuel pump my car feels stronger and smoother throughout the rev range, obviously due to a more suitable air-fuel mix. My Revo 2 settings are now back up to B7 / F7 / T5.

Hi!
looks like spools too fast to achieve the specified boost and overpasses it, and for that boost / airmass wasn't enough fuel and the hesitation it's the correction..
K03 turbos spools faster than K04 and are more common fuel cuts errors

the question it's in the logs after pump upgrade with the same settings, the specified boost in channel 115 was higher? changed lambdas of channel 031?

my doubt is:
in a stage 1 car that runs always smooth, reach specified boost, reach specified lambdas despite the fact there are differences in rail pressure, may achieve any improvement if reaches the specified 130 bar always?

maybe the lack of pressure causes more opening time of fuel injectors and compensates it to achieve the correct lambda, and while can be compensated wouldn't be any difference in performance (not if other specified settings require more fuel that can reach / mantain target lambda)
or maybe will ask for more boost with the same settings if ECU 'sees' can mantain that? but this is strange as in the same car, if you raise boost setting achieves higher boost.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 12:57:32 pm by berto »

Offline AndrewJB

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 9
  • die gelbe Baron
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2012, 05:39:29 pm »
my cars been APR Stage1 for a fair few months now but i recently decided to take advantage of the APR Sale and purchase a APR Pump, APR then flashed a new map Stage1+

On the road the difference can be felt through the rev range

Car is a 2.0TFSI LCR,With APR HPFP,Neuspeed CAI and APR Stage1+ , Soon to be addind Downpipe,RS4 valve and Stage2+
2014 Seat Leon Cupra 280 VWR Springs, VWR Intake, REVO Stage1
LeonOC.com & TDISport.com Administrator

Offline berto

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2012, 05:53:12 pm »
my cars been APR Stage1 for a fair few months now but i recently decided to take advantage of the APR Sale and purchase a APR Pump, APR then flashed a new map Stage1+

On the road the difference can be felt through the rev range

Car is a 2.0TFSI LCR,With APR HPFP,Neuspeed CAI and APR Stage1+ , Soon to be addind Downpipe,RS4 valve and Stage2+

sounds nice the improvements of a HPFP, everybody says the most noticeable upgrades are stage 2 to 2+, but I don't know the effects of it in a non-specific remap for upgraded HPFP

Did you try the pump without the 1+ remap upgrade? only stage 1
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 06:05:58 pm by berto »

Offline Marshall

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 17
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2012, 08:27:41 pm »
I ran APR stage 2 software with original hpfp and the car performed well.
But as Andrew says when APR had the sale I bought a APR hpfp, I haven't had my map adjusted but the car feels much much stronger from 4000rpm upwards.
The first drive after fitting I found a slight improvement but after the car had done a about 100 miles the improvement increased quite noticeably.
MISANO RED RS3

Offline S3Power

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2012, 10:09:47 pm »
Hello people!  :happy2:

I have an Audi S3 (2007) BHZ and I just remap with Revo (Stage 1)... Settings B7 - T4 - F9.

I made a log's and this is the result with the current fuel pressure (channel 230).

I have the same problem!

The solution is to upgrade the fuel pump? it may be because of the tank fuel pump?

I'm losing power?  :confused:

KRL, when you put the piston kit Autotech, without touching the settings in the car improved means?

Regards  :drinking:

Offline KRL

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2012, 09:56:36 am »
Merry Christmas and Happy new year all!

Not been on here for a while and have moved on to different things car wise but will try to answer your questions as best I can although I may be a bit rusty....

This is very dependent on have aggressive your map is.  If you are running the stock map then no I don't think you will feel much benefit as if I remember correctly the OEM HPFP does not have problems supplying enough fuel for stock boost levels.

If you are running a non adjustable stage 1 map it will depend on how aggressive the fueling and and boost is.  A good tuner will have will have logged this when installing the map and ensures the settings are not too aggressive for the OEM hardware.  Therefore I would say you may feel some benefit and the best way to know this would be to log your rail pressure and see if the OEM HPFP is keeping up - if it keeps up then no you will not feel much benefit, if it does not keep up then yes you will feel a benefit  :happy2:

If you are running an adjustable map like for example REVO were you can adjust the boost, fueling and timing then yes you will get noticeable gains from this mod as you will be able to fine tune the settings to take advantage of the extra capacity the uprated HPFP delivers.

Sorry but I've deleted all my logs now.

Thats right, it was a great car  :smiley:

my doubt is:
in a stage 1 car that runs always smooth, reach specified boost, reach specified lambdas despite the fact there are differences in rail pressure, may achieve any improvement if reaches the specified 130 bar always?
If the rail pressure is not met the most likely scenario is that you will start to run lean and therefore hotter.  If things get too hot the ECU should start to take protective measures and begin to hold things back (like boost) to cool the engine down.

Hello people!  happy2

I have an Audi S3 (2007) BHZ and I just remap with Revo (Stage 1)... Settings B7 - T4 - F9.

I made a log's and this is the result with the current fuel pressure (channel 230).

I have the same problem!

The solution is to upgrade the fuel pump? it may be because of the tank fuel pump?

I'm losing power?  confused

KRL, when you put the piston kit Autotech, without touching the settings in the car improved means?

Regards  drinking

This is a prime example of why I upgraded the HPFP at stage 1!  My advice to you would be to take the boost down to 5 or 6 and re-log the rail pressure to see which setting the OEM HPFP is able to keep up with.  If you just upgrade the HPFP and don't change the settings then yes you should see the rail pressure keeping up.  Unless of course the problem is caused by something else.  I don't think it would be the tank fuel pump as if it was I would not expect to see the rail pressure meeting requested at the higher end of the rev range.  It could however be caused by something like cam follower failure and you would no that when removing the OEM HPFP.

On a side note if anybody was wondering why the OEM HPFP can keep up at higher revs but not in the mid range it is because at higher revs the cam will be working the pump faster and therefore increasing its ability to meet the requested rail pressure.  In the mid range the OEM pump does not have enough fuel delivery capacity to keep up where as uprated pumps do.

Hope this helps  :smiley:

Offline berto

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2012, 10:19:04 am »
Merry Christmas and Happy new year all!

Not been on here for a while and have moved on to different things car wise but will try to answer your questions as best I can although I may be a bit rusty....

If you are running an adjustable map like for example REVO were you can adjust the boost, fueling and timing then yes you will get noticeable gains from this mod as you will be able to fine tune the settings to take advantage of the extra capacity the uprated HPFP delivers.

If the rail pressure is not met the most likely scenario is that you will start to run lean and therefore hotter.  If things get too hot the ECU should start to take protective measures and begin to hold things back (like boost) to cool the engine down.

This is a prime example of why I upgraded the HPFP at stage 1!  My advice to you would be to take the boost down to 5 or 6 and re-log the rail pressure to see which setting the OEM HPFP is able to keep up with.  If you just upgrade the HPFP and don't change the settings then yes you should see the rail pressure keeping up.  Unless of course the problem is caused by something else.  I don't think it would be the tank fuel pump as if it was I would not expect to see the rail pressure meeting requested at the higher end of the rev range.  It could however be caused by something like cam follower failure and you would no that when removing the OEM HPFP.

Hi KRL! nice to see you here, it looks you received my message :)
merry christmas too

more specific question is, did you try these 'better settings' that you used with the autotech with the OEM piston? these settings with OEM piston caused any error?

As I said, I have doubts because as the pressure drops, the lambda matches the target lambda (channel 031), even actually it's a little bit richer than target lambda.

We have to take in account that the demanded 130bar it's always the same for stage 1 or 2+ but the requested fuel flow isn't the same. This is why if you down the boost will request even less fuel flow and will raise rail pressure for sure, but I think the main parameter to take care are the lambda values.

Offline S3Power

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2012, 03:25:34 pm »
Thanks KRL!

I have remap the car with Revo (Stage 1) and with Boost settings = 9,  Timing = 4 and Fuel= 9.

If low boost value you think the pressures reach defendants? Example B=5 or 6?

The car is able to maintain stock 110b requesting the ECU.

If I change the value of the fuel to 7 improve something?

Regards.