Make a donation

Author Topic: Forge twintercooler  (Read 18482 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: Forge twintercooler
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2010, 06:17:14 pm »
^^^^
Yep, I agree Rob - In theory Forge should be able to provide pre-cut hoses. The solution would be to manufacture according to the longest length and then cut them afterwards.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline KRL

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2010, 06:38:16 pm »
The Twintake has been customised for the different 2.0 TFSI platforms as the mounting and shape of the second air inlet varies from platform to platform.  This is one of the things that really impressed me about the Twintake as Forge have taken the time to develop the intake to fit all platforms rather than a "one solution fits all" intake.  This was at a cost to themselves but they did not want to sacrifice on quality or performance.  In my mind this speaks volumes about Forge.

Bearing the above in mind I do feel that Forge should take the time to supply correctly measured hoses for all the different platforms with the Twintercooler.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 07:31:26 pm by KRL »

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 450
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2010, 07:48:43 pm »
The occassional problematic FMIC hose fitting is not confined to just Forge...
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline Forge UK

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2010, 09:21:15 am »
At the last count there were six variations of cars using these hoses.
Im being completely honest when i say this is the first time that trimming the hoses has been raised as a serious issue. It is mentioned in the instructions that some hose trimming will be necessary. If the hose is well lubricated with silicon spray prior to installation, they can be test fitted very quickly, and a good new stanley blade will cut the hose perfectly very quickly. Im not trying to come across as not caring, its just never occured to us that the prospect of cutting the hoses down would put you off buying the product, or give you a feeling of being short changed ?

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2010, 02:55:24 pm »
Why not have an instruction sheet that gives a guide to the amount that needs to be cut off? Takes some of guess work ouy and if done properly, will mean once the excess is cut off, some tweaking should provide perfect fitment.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.