Make a donation

Author Topic: Awesomes Rollers Recalibrated  (Read 16777 times)

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 95
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed!
Re: Awesomes Rollers Recalibrated
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2008, 02:49:55 pm »
Phil is defending something he does not uinderstand:fighting2:

Couldn't have put it better!  :wink:
Sean - Independant Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

~~ free official Golf V factory workshop manuals ~~

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 95
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed!
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2008, 02:53:18 pm »
As for different results - they can vary slightly, better fuel, colder days for turbo cars etc etc but you should expect something around the stock figures, 260 from a stock 230 car it a little over IMO.

Agreed.  But that is the massive problem with rolling road dynos.  They have to make a calculation, based on "guestimates" of what the actuall flywheel horsepower is - and I actually doubt that ANY rolling road or hub dyno can be proved accurate.

In fact, I'll stick my neck out.  No rolling road has EVER been proven to be accurate when quoting flywheel outputs.  There, that will stir up a hornets nest.
Sean - Independant Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

~~ free official Golf V factory workshop manuals ~~

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2008, 05:51:01 pm »
BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ :rolleye:

Yep, bumped into Joe at the RR day. Was happy-ish with the figures. 324bhp and 382lbft :scared:

Car is running really well at the mo.

Right then, Tom - here is the "alleged" reason why I only got 315bhp and 296lbft last time out at Awesome.

After I'd been on the rollers on the GolfGTI forum day in June I took the car out and it felt relatively flat. Neil hooked up the VAG-COM and did some logging that showed that the car was massively pulling back on the timing to 9 on all cylinders. As you can imagine I wasn't happy with this and took the car back to JBS. JBS told me that my ECU had been accessed and that their map goes into "safe" mode, so that competitors cannot read it.  They asked if I had taken it anywhere where this could have been done. The only place I had been was Awesome and JBS said that this was the only solution to why my RR day had been Bugg3r3d up! They re-flashed my motor and I could tell the difference immediately.

Draw from this what you will, but this is the reason why my results were drastically different this time to last. :smiley:
Golf R gone.

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2008, 04:33:59 pm »
I think Greenouse's results have quietend him down a bit..  :grin:

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2008, 06:05:34 pm »
The fact there is no-one over there to argue with have quietened  him down a bit

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2008, 06:57:45 pm »
BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ :rolleye:

Yep, bumped into Joe at the RR day. Was happy-ish with the figures. 324bhp and 382lbft :scared:

Car is running really well at the mo.

Right then, Tom - here is the "alleged" reason why I only got 315bhp and 296lbft last time out at Awesome.

After I'd been on the rollers on the GolfGTI forum day in June I took the car out and it felt relatively flat. Neil hooked up the VAG-COM and did some logging that showed that the car was massively pulling back on the timing to 9 on all cylinders. As you can imagine I wasn't happy with this and took the car back to JBS. JBS told me that my ECU had been accessed and that their map goes into "safe" mode, so that competitors cannot read it.  They asked if I had taken it anywhere where this could have been done. The only place I had been was Awesome and JBS said that this was the only solution to why my RR day had been Bugg3r3d up! They re-flashed my motor and I could tell the difference immediately.

Draw from this what you will, but this is the reason why my results were drastically different this time to last. :smiley:

Yeah I remember this Hurdy as I was in your car when Neil was doing the logging. I just do not believe at all that Awesome would tell owners who have had RR runs before the 'RECALLIBRATION' to take 20 BHP off their figures. Why would they say that when 2  standard Cupra's at the SCN shoot out gave 20 BHP more than manafacturers stated figures, AFTER the 'RECALLIBRATION' It's completely made up by somebody who has got nothing better to do, im mentioning no names  :angry015:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2008, 08:52:35 pm »
Excuse me T880MM, thats really nice to hear your thoughts, i had a phone call from someone saying those very words saying awesome rollers had been"Recalibrated" or from the same telephone convo, was told about the same with the stock cupra's pulling 240bhp :angry015:

so why are you saying im making this up when i was told this was carried out FFS.

As i have been enjoying reading this new forum, and like some have said, i really couldnt give a stuff about mappping as i have no plans too, but again i get shot down for questioning something that i feel shows big gaps in peoples results all over the place.We all want to know why!!!, like many others cant understand why My standard car is 230 and the same with 5 other Standard cars  :surprised: and someone that lives 100 miles away gets 30bhp more as standard!!!!!. So i guess im a knob for questioning this on a public forum :confused:

It sickin's that you have this opinion of me, and im not a Tw%t like your painting me out to be.Im just a big enthusiast of the GTi and because i voice my oppinion. You northern boys have got such a bad impression of me.

I Look foward to meeting you at one of next years meets my friend, so as others i have met, im not in anyway like you think i am, and hope your man enough to shake hands and chat  :smiley:.

I guess im as bad for argueing a point that  , people agreed with what happened at jkm and said i got singled out for saying stock cars will only produce stock power,  and after seeing 6 mk5's pull stock last month, i get the piss taking out of me for questioning other rollers that are sometimes quoting upto 20%more then VW say.

Im gettin fed up now. :sick:   :fighting: 
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 10:36:57 pm by Phil Mcavity »

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2008, 08:59:54 pm »
Was hoping you'd have a good look around and get a good feeling for the place before you read that Steve  :sad:

Don't take it to heart mate, it's just a bit of banter  :wink:

I feel a group hug comin on  :grouphug:

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2008, 09:08:41 pm »
cheers Nathan, you know what im like, youve met me, im not a man on a mission!!! i love these forums but hate it that people take the P!ss out of me.

Congrats on your results by the way,hope they do another DD day.  8)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 09:13:18 pm by Phil Mcavity »

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2008, 09:11:34 pm »
cheers Nathan, you know what im like, youve met me, im not a man on a mission!!! i love these forums but hate it that people take the P!ss out of me.

I really don't think they were mate, just take it in the way it was inteded and don't let it ruin your enjoyment of your new playground  :wink:

Get yourself in the meets section and make sure you attend the next one  :party:

Offline sibart

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2008, 09:43:46 pm »
Ummmmmmmmmm.
Always trusted JKM rollers, the guys down there aint out to give generous figures, just true ones.
Good on them. 309 fly 260 wheels, that will do me. Even thou Revo quote way above that.
VRs MkII. JKM K04 Upgrade+Big brakes

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2008, 09:56:59 pm »
Ummmmmmmmmm.
Always trusted JKM rollers, the guys down there aint out to give generous figures, just true ones.
Good on them. 309 fly 260 wheels, that will do me. Even thou Revo quote way above that.
Revo quote 300bhp on a KO4 mate, do they not?  :confused:

Offline sibart

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2008, 10:40:12 pm »
Ummmmmmmmmm.
Revo quote 300bhp on a KO4 mate, do they not?  :confused:
Original quotes were 340ish, if they are quoting 300 they can use mine for a demo :grin:
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 10:42:23 pm by sibart »
VRs MkII. JKM K04 Upgrade+Big brakes

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2008, 12:49:23 am »
Excuse me T880MM, thats really nice to hear your thoughts, i had a phone call from someone saying those very words saying awesome rollers had been"Recalibrated" or from the same telephone convo, was told about the same with the stock cupra's pulling 240bhp :angry015:

so why are you saying im making this up when i was told this was carried out FFS.

As i have been enjoying reading this new forum, and like some have said, i really couldnt give a stuff about mappping as i have no plans too, but again i get shot down for questioning something that i feel shows big gaps in peoples results all over the place.We all want to know why!!!, like many others cant understand why My standard car is 230 and the same with 5 other Standard cars  :surprised: and someone that lives 100 miles away gets 30bhp more as standard!!!!!. So i guess im a knob for questioning this on a public forum :confused:

It sickin's that you have this opinion of me, and im not a Tw%t like your painting me out to be.Im just a big enthusiast of the GTi and because i voice my oppinion. You northern boys have got such a bad impression of me.

I Look foward to meeting you at one of next years meets my friend, so as others i have met, im not in anyway like you think i am, and hope your man enough to shake hands and chat  :smiley:.

I guess im as bad for argueing a point that  , people agreed with what happened at jkm and said i got singled out for saying stock cars will only produce stock power,  and after seeing 6 mk5's pull stock last month, i get the piss taking out of me for questioning other rollers that are sometimes quoting upto 20%more then VW say.

Im gettin fed up now. :sick:   :fighting: 

The post was not aimed at anyone directly Phil. I don't want to cause any conflict but all the talk of RR's being accurate and unaccurate is starting to get on my tits!  :sleepy: I just feel that there are others on golfgtiforum.co.uk trying to make a big fuss about the whole RR situation. There is no need really! I don't feel that anyone can post any of their of RR figures without being doubted. I don't think we will ever to get to the bottom of the situation. I think every RR run has to be taken with a pinch of salt.

I will hopefully meet you Phil and then proceed to  :P :angry015:...........just joking, mine's the first round mate  :happy2: :party:

TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2008, 06:54:04 am »
cheers tom :party: