Make a donation

Author Topic: Coolant...Pls Help  (Read 1960 times)

dakk1977

Coolant...Pls Help
« on: January 23, 2009, 03:18:03 pm »
Hi Guys

Im a newbie on this site, i gotta bit of a problem, I seem to be loosing water at about 250 - 500ml between 1200 and 1800 miles driven. Worried this could be the dreaded head gasket, Looking for ideas really as i had issues with my first mkv with my local milton keynes dealership they changed a head gasket and then i started loosing 4ltrs of oil every month!! long long story! So im not to keen to send it to them or at least a little worried.

So im kinda thinking the worst in the hope its something else i have looked and not seen any leaks as yet but i does not usually do this to be honest.

Any ideas??

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
Re: Coolant...Pls Help
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 06:43:10 pm »
Check the inside of the engine oil cap for white gunk, that should tell you if its the head gasket.  :smiley:
It sound more like the coolant res problem that a couple of people have had recently.
Alan D has just had this problem fixed but he doesn't post here very often so either PM him or do a search on the other forum.

Oh and welcome to the forum.  :smiley:  :happy2:

Offline billyboy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
  • Billy lar
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 07:09:03 pm »
welcome to the forum
Ive heard this also, something along the lines of coolant leaking from the sensor, as the terms are moulded into the bottle, pull off the wire block and check youd probly see it anyway leaking coz of the G12 is pink and would leave a trail .
billy

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2009, 12:04:25 am »
I had mine looked at today, it was leaking from a plastic flange connected to the engine, very common apparently, getting it sorted in april when its serviced and mot'd, can keep topping up once a month until then