Make a donation

Author Topic: 12v aux power  (Read 1298 times)

Offline coop

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
12v aux power
« on: June 27, 2010, 11:41:47 pm »
Hey everyone

Just traded in my z3 2.8 for a GTi, all over it so far, massive improvement in handling over the z3.

Ive just noticed theres a aux power connector in the boot which will be really useful for keeping my beers cool on camping trips, unfortunately though I cant seem to plug any thing into it, there seems to be a bit of pink plastic inside the socket which stops the connector. Can anyone confirm if they can plug a standard charger into it or if I need some sort of convertor. Cheers

Offline Richn83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
Re: 12v aux power
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 01:54:23 pm »
Should be standard fitment the same as in the front of the car, and certianly shouldnt be anything in it made of pink plastic.  Guess the previous owner may be responsible for that mod!  :laugh: 

You will need to fish the pink plastic out and try again.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline coop

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 06:21:08 pm »
 :happy2: Cheers, removed the bit of plastic working fine now.

Offline Thor

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 25
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 07:09:36 pm »
Have you checked the spare wheel in the boot perhaps there are some other items the pervious owner forgot to remove  :evilgrin: :evilgrin:
Gone but not forgotten - Edition 30 No.2239
                                     Mk6 GTI