Make a donation

Author Topic: OEM LED Lights - Skyline Style!  (Read 91166 times)

Offline Syrag64

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
Re: How to: Wire OEM LED Lights - Skyline Style!
« Reply #90 on: October 23, 2010, 09:55:40 pm »
No RR theyre not being done in the U.K, so just got to wait  :popcornsoda:

Just out of interest how much is it costing? PM me if you want?
Black 2007 GTI Manual, Stage 3 K04, R32 Bumper/Exhaust, WALK, adj rear ARB, KW1's, Twintercooler, Twintake, 18's (winters), 19's (summer) modified dectane LED rear lights, NQSBBK, Forge dump valve, Xenon look headlights with 5000k HID, 3" downpipe with sports cat, TT wishbones, uprated HPFP, Sach Uprated Clutch, Quaife LSD, VT & THS Engine Mounts.
To be fitted: Reverse Camera & uprated headunit.

Future plans: De-dent & Detail

Offline apollo13

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #91 on: October 23, 2010, 10:38:57 pm »
Im not actually sure at the moment! Its not cheap but not ridiculous either.

Im having a few other bits off him and hes doing my dads passat cc inners too so trying to do a deal.  :happy2:

I should have them back soon so ill post all costs photos ect when their back.  :popcornsoda:

The mods are done with osram leds which are what they use in the oem outers so they match perfectly.

Hes work is first class, iv read many posts to back this up on vw vortex.

Lee.
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #92 on: October 28, 2010, 11:04:51 am »
Just a little update for anyone thats interested,   :grin:

My inners have arrived and hopefully should have them back sometime next week. In the mean time iv been in contact with dana at ross tech to try and and sort out the coding.

The coding will only really be needed if like me you dont want to chop/splice into the cars wiring and if you want to have twin reverse lights and twin fogs using the new led rings. If you dont mind doing that and having one reverse and one fog as normal then its pretty straight forward to splice into the relevant wires at the connections to the outer clusters.

Ill post any news as i get it.   :popcornsoda:

Lee.

****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline bodger00

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 20
  • A wish called Zonda
« Reply #93 on: October 28, 2010, 06:18:05 pm »
Keep us posted  :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #94 on: October 28, 2010, 06:50:59 pm »
^^^^
I wish my mate Chris would hurry up with mine!

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #95 on: October 28, 2010, 06:53:25 pm »
@RR

:P

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #96 on: October 28, 2010, 07:02:43 pm »
@ apollo:

:laugh:

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #97 on: October 28, 2010, 07:13:50 pm »
Thats slightly more subtle than i was expecting!!!!!    :signLOL:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #98 on: October 28, 2010, 07:26:51 pm »
Thats slightly more subtle than i was expecting!!!!!    :signLOL:

....I always try to meet people's expectations  :evilgrin: :

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #99 on: October 28, 2010, 11:30:57 pm »
 :signLOL:

I knew you wouldnt let me down!!!   :grin:

Offline .:GTI|SUNNY:.

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 11
  • I spend too much time on this forum, I'm addicted
« Reply #100 on: November 05, 2010, 02:54:31 am »
I know this mod is about LED but would it be possible to do it with standards
it can be done, but not using LEDs though  :wink:

DIY for standard MK5 lights  :happy2:
http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1428780&postcount=205

| Tornado Red GTI |

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #101 on: November 05, 2010, 06:08:16 pm »
Hi guys and gals,

I was hoping to be updating with a nice photo of my freshly modded inner units but they havnt arrived yet!  :fighting:

They have been dispatched so just got to wait a little longer. In the mean time I have got myself a bunch of repair wires and connectors to make up two sets of looms which will enable me to connect the inners in various different ways.

Originally I was going to leave the outer clusters as they are out of the box and use the inners a follows.
Lose the foglight and have the two centre sections as twin reverse lights and have the new LED rings as stop,tail and twin fogs.

But since I have sent them away I have learned that you can code the outer clusters in such a way that you can turn OFF the centre section. This as we know is the brake/tail light but if the inners took over the function of brake and tail and I go back to having one reverse and one fog as normal I will end up with the true skyline Oo-oO look were all after.

By the way I havnt tried this yet as I took the LEDS off when i sent the inners away so was going to have a go tommorrow but if anyone has vcds and fancies a go tonight let me know!!

As soon as I hear anything you will too.

Lee.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 06:35:14 pm by apollo13 »

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #102 on: November 13, 2010, 12:27:09 pm »
Hi guys,

I have just received an email, they were not sent! The guy has apparently had a few personal problems and they will be getting posted out on Monday.  :pomppomp:

Ill let you know when they arrive.

Lee.

Offline Syrag64

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #103 on: November 19, 2010, 04:00:05 pm »
Any updates?  :popcornsoda:
Black 2007 GTI Manual, Stage 3 K04, R32 Bumper/Exhaust, WALK, adj rear ARB, KW1's, Twintercooler, Twintake, 18's (winters), 19's (summer) modified dectane LED rear lights, NQSBBK, Forge dump valve, Xenon look headlights with 5000k HID, 3" downpipe with sports cat, TT wishbones, uprated HPFP, Sach Uprated Clutch, Quaife LSD, VT & THS Engine Mounts.
To be fitted: Reverse Camera & uprated headunit.

Future plans: De-dent & Detail

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #104 on: November 19, 2010, 05:59:14 pm »
Not yet.

Im not happy but as he says hes been having personal problems I don't want to fly of the handle......yet.

As soon as I know you guys will know  :happy2: