Make a donation

Author Topic: revo trial  (Read 2475 times)

Offline heady2010

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
revo trial
« on: July 20, 2010, 10:48:39 pm »
hi, had a stage one revo 5 hour trial put on my mk5 gti today, was told it was only probably about 80% of the true map, but tbh i didnt really think the world of it, yeah it was quicker, but not like how everybody goes on about it. Just wondered if anyone else found this with the trial? cheers

Offline Boothy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 32
  • All donations accepted, thanks.
Re: revo trial
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 11:35:58 pm »
Never used a Revo map or trial but when I remapped mine I felt the same. Turned out my DV had been shafted all along and it was only after having it mapped that I noticed it weren't pulling well. Might be worth considering?

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 09:35:33 am »
hi, had a stage one revo 5 hour trial put on my mk5 gti today, was told it was only probably about 80% of the true map, but tbh i didnt really think the world of it, yeah it was quicker, but not like how everybody goes on about it. Just wondered if anyone else found this with the trial? cheers

You really should be able to notice the difference. as boothy has suggested, there may be other faults.
Cant see how you would not enjoy the extra speed from a map, unless you were Paralysed from the scalp down.  :happy2:

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 04:10:23 pm »
I tried the map before purchasing and it is a completely different car so I'd imagine you have some other issues.

Offline Boothy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 06:46:54 pm »
Have a look on the VAGCOM list on here mate. There's likely a member local to you that can hook your car up and see if any faults are logged. Thats what I did and it solved my issue more or less straight away so I would go down that route prior to purchasing the full map.

Offline heady2010

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 08:29:58 pm »
I'm a technician myself and have access to a vagcom, it has no faults and boosting is fine compared up to others, i think that the trail may not have been put on properly, but hey i may have missed something, in a way would be nice if i found something wrong which then give some power back, but cant see it. The trail is for 5 hours, i assume that is 5 hours of running time, not just 5 hours from its upload?

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2010, 08:32:25 pm »
try a different  remap trial. 

Offline Boothy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2010, 08:36:36 pm »
Could it have already been mapped by the previous owner maybe?

Offline heady2010

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2010, 08:46:26 pm »
yeah was thinking that, bit of a trek to the next revo dealer though. I think ill pop back down and get them to drive, they will know if its right or not. If that is it on properly then i wont be getting it, a nice new tv instead i think!

If it has been mapped then these golfs must be pretty dam slow at standard? If i go for the full version, i know they test it before and after, surely they couldnt charge you as they wont be increasing your bhp, which is what your paying for?

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2010, 08:56:59 pm »
If you post up the results from your logging that will show if the map if working  :happy2:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2010, 09:03:02 pm »
the difference should be very notable.  going from stage 1 to stock is a huge difference.  the car  feels massively flat now, and needs to be used in at least a gear lower now to get equivalent performance to stage 1