Make a donation

Author Topic: RR's Wildlife Portfolio....  (Read 34145 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: RR's Wildlife Portfolio....
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2010, 12:32:32 pm »

you need to change your name to Dr dolittle

....Ooooh! Yum-yum.. Babes and fish eggs!  :party:

« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 01:10:26 pm by RedRobin »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2010, 12:47:08 pm »
I can confirm they look good on the new macbook pros, only just got my first mac and just starting to play with iphoto so interested to know what you did RR.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2010, 01:08:29 pm »

I can confirm they look good on the new macbook pros, only just got my first mac and just starting to play with iphoto so interested to know what you did RR.

....Yep, I bought my daughter a 17" Macbook Pro but I only get to use the spare G4 iMac for now.

In iPhoto (v.6.06 on this Mac), simply double-click your selected thumbnail image to open in the bigger Edit window, or click the <Edit> icon. Drag cursor, adjust and Crop as needed. Open icon <Adjust> panel and you'll see sliders... Adjust as needed and don't be afraid to experiment. In the latest iPhoto you can copy and paste slider settings onto a different pic. You can hit Command+Z to undo or Revert To Original via top Menu.

You can also view more than one pic in the Edit window and make comparisons. Like most Apple stuff, it's very intuitive and user-friendly. Photoshop is far more powerful but has a steeper learning curve.

HTH  :happy2:

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2010, 05:38:23 pm »

....Yep, I bought my daughter a 17" Macbook Pro but I only get to use the spare G4 iMac for now.

In iPhoto (v.6.06 on this Mac), simply double-click your selected thumbnail image to open in the bigger Edit window, or click the <Edit> icon. Drag cursor, adjust and Crop as needed. Open icon <Adjust> panel and you'll see sliders... Adjust as needed and don't be afraid to experiment. In the latest iPhoto you can copy and paste slider settings onto a different pic. You can hit Command+Z to undo or Revert To Original via top Menu.

You can also view more than one pic in the Edit window and make comparisons. Like most Apple stuff, it's very intuitive and user-friendly. Photoshop is far more powerful but has a steeper learning curve.

HTH  :happy2:

Cheer RR, will give it a little play this evening, I have some nice RAW images to play with so should be able to get some good results!  :drinking:

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2010, 06:42:15 pm »

Cheer RR, will give it a little play this evening, I have some nice RAW images to play with so should be able to get some good results!  :drinking:

....iPhoto isn't great for handling/editing RAW images (Photoshop is) but check out info here and on Apple's iPhoto Discussions forum:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2297

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=iPhoto/8.0/en/6411.html

Have a rummage around the Apple site and especially their Help documents and How-to vids.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 06:44:43 pm by RedRobin »

Saint Steve

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2010, 07:43:34 pm »
Great Photo's Robin, and as wild as your Back garden is, its good you managed to find your way back to your front door mate going by what i saw when down at yours :signLOL: :signLOL:

Its amazing what exsists in your own garden with some investigation :happy2:

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2010, 08:06:41 pm »
Great pics Robin. You must have a lot of patience to get those shots :happy2:
Golf R gone.

Offline cmdrfire

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 14
    • Commander Fire - my blog
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2010, 10:00:36 pm »
Some great pics there Robin. You've certainly got the knack to capture the "moment"!

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2010, 10:23:44 am »
I really enjoyed those, you must have a gentle approach.

I love macro pics, here's a bee, a lilly and a tree!

Sorry, Facebook knocks the res & quality right down.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 12:26:06 pm by tony_danza »
Sideways yo!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2010, 12:07:02 pm »
^^^^
Excellent, Mike!

You've really captured the busy-ness of that bumble bee. You have an eye for composition too  :notworthy:.

If you add a line space inbetween your posted pics they'll look even better with a complete surround, rather than running into each other.

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2010, 12:34:46 pm »
Why thank you. I have no idea what I'm doing, but they seem to come out ok.

Whilst I love cars, I find real beauty in nature and architecture and like photos of them.
Sideways yo!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2010, 12:24:03 am »
Another set of photos, all on the Fuji 200EXR and shot in the last couple of days:

^ My bird table with daily visitors - A pair of Collared Doves. I call it The Bird Cafe and keep it well stocked all year.

I get a wide variety of regular birds visiting including a Sparrowhawk swooping through for a kill.

^ I'm not sure which spider.. Quite big, as the hole is 15mm.. Probably a Lace-webbed variety.

^ A Harvestman on a pumpkin.

^ A pair of Flesh Flies mating.

^ Speckled Bush Cricket - Very handsome mini-beast.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 09:40:01 am by RedRobin »

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2010, 10:03:13 am »
I've just bought a Guide To Garden Wildlife by Richard Lewington:

http://www.richardlewington.co.uk/books.php

His illustrations are stunning and extremely good for identifying the wealth of living creatures who share your garden. Very useful info too.

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2010, 10:05:45 am »
Nice collection of Photos again RR, I especially like the huge spider coming out of that hole all really well focused and exposed  :drinking:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2010, 10:25:33 am »

Nice collection of Photos again RR, I especially like the huge spider coming out of that hole all really well focused and exposed  :drinking:

....Thanks, Rich :drinking:. It's nothing like as pin-sharp as it would be if using a professional Canon or Nikon but you can't carry one of those in your pocket! You never know when you'll get the opportunity to capture a shot: I was doing some fencing and drilling into a concrete post which disturbed this mother spider who went on the defence. I'm not scared of spiders but I'm glad they ain't a lot bigger!

One thing I miss on my digital compact is the ability to set speed and let the aperture auto adjust.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 10:29:02 am by RedRobin »