Make a donation

Author Topic: I Phone 3G in car problems  (Read 858 times)

Offline DMcG

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
I Phone 3G in car problems
« on: August 30, 2010, 05:35:23 pm »
Hi All,

Not sure where to post this but here goes;

I have a Iphone 3G which I regretfully updated to the latest software last week. Since this time my armrest lead to the standard RCd300 (or whatever it is) won't play music from it.

I used to get the first 6 playlists etc... Now I get nothing and it has only occured since upgrading software.

My questions are can I return to the older software and if so how?

Also my upgrade is due but I assume if I get Iphone 4 I will have the same problems?

Its really annoying as I have to listen to the radio!

Alternatively I could try and buy that lovely looking kenwood oem look stereo in the FS section!

Offline vRStu

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
Re: I Phone 3G in car problems
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 06:28:47 pm »
A 3G can be downgraded.

I would suspect an iPhone 4 would suffer the same problems as it appears to be IOS4 causing the issues although yours is the first i've seen with playback issues.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline DMcG

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
Re: I Phone 3G in car problems
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 06:56:54 pm »
Has anyone got IOS4 and can still playback?

Also how do you downgrade to the previous one? The only way I can see to do it is restore factory settings, but then surely it will just reload IOS4?