Make a donation

Poll

Which do you think is the best overall anti roll bar, taking into account stiffness AND comfort?

H&R 28mm Front - 24mm Rear
H&R 26mm Front - 22mm Rear
Autotech 25mm Front - 25mm Rear
Neuspeed 25mm Front - 25mm Rear
KW 26mm Front - 23mm Rear
Eibach 26mm Front - 23mm Rear

Author Topic: Best Anti Roll Bar kit?  (Read 36843 times)

Offline N8KOW

• Detailer - 2014
  • Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 7
    • Kowalski Details
    • Email
Re: Best Anti Roll Bar kit?
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2014, 01:26:32 pm »
I voted for the 26/22 as the best all-rounder (that's what I am currently riding), as sometimes you want a more supple setup on some bad bumpy roads. However, I am thinking more and more to take the step and buy the H&R 28/24 and go to a more track-oriented setup.

I had 26mm/22mm H&R setup on my old A3 in combination with KW V2s. Even though it was a diesel and a SB, I never drove it mental, but whenever I would push it, it was faultless, I was really impressed with the handling & the ride quality. I have another set of these left over which I am trying to sell atm as I fancy going 28mm/24mm as per people's recommendations. But if nobody buys them I think I'm going to chuck them on with I fully polybush it, I don't drive like a **** so I'm sure they'll suffice.
IG: http://instagram.com/kowalskidetails
2014 Mk7 Golf R on Order...

Offline rex

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 50
  • -Receive: 74
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2014, 02:18:09 pm »
Acidutzul's car is also a diesel (140bhp 8v)

My current setup is 26/24 set to hard/hard. I've always had this setup and I wouldn't want to change it. I use my car as daily drive (and in Romania the roads are pretty bad) and trackday car. Can't really imagine driving my car with 28/28 sways on track. It sometimes oversteers with the current setup (not lift off oversteer) so I doubt 28/28 will work for my car.
BUT the GTI is another story. The engine is heavier and it has a different weight distribution. My car should be about as heavy as a GTI on the front axle (the GTI engine is heavier but has a 10 degrees incline towards the back while TSI engine have 20 degrees incline towards the front). So, my point is: if oversteers are a walk in the park for you (even at 100+mph) then go for 28/28. If not, use a kit: 28/24 or 26/22 (I mentioned H&R because they are of very high quality and maintenance free).

Offline fuscobal

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 27
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2014, 03:31:58 pm »
I'm using 28 H&R on front (very high quality painting on it and maintanance free, makes no noise) and 27mm BSH on rear (rusted already due to poor painting and also needs frequent lubricating to avoid noise). They are both on hard and the car seem quite neutral !
Mk5 GTI 6MT - Revo stage 3