Make a donation

Author Topic: two questions! remap and dump valve  (Read 2803 times)

xxtigertimxx

two questions! remap and dump valve
« on: September 03, 2010, 05:17:23 pm »
im on the look out for a ed30 MUST BE DSG got my local dealership looking for one!
like i said two questions

REMAP!
is there a map that improves mpg in D and ups the power in S! due to i do about 40 miles a day about 60-77mph then i can just switch to S when needed?

also ive intrested in  if anyone has got a bump valve ok the dsg (i must sound like a retartd but due to then being auto it would tisssss all the time any vids anyone? due to id love one as being my 1st turbod car and wen in manul id love it!

Offline edd666999

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
Re: two questions! remap and dump valve
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 05:23:35 pm »
it would still "tisssss" with a DV IF u must have 1...depends how far down ur foot is to how much it does it.

and a map improves mpg when driven sensibly, its that urge not to drive slowly that drops you mpg

Offline Poppa Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 09:40:31 pm »
Where you based Tim? My ED30 DSG is my daily driver - 50 mile daily commute, fuel economy is improved with map if sensible with right foot. APR do a switchable map that is controlled via the cruise control if you are wanting this kind of flexbility. Revo offer the same control with the select/select plus switch but this has to be plugged into the OBDII port when the car is not running to switch the map. All GTI's have a divert valve, think you are meaning one with a spacer. Personally I don't rate them. This is not to say I don't rate Forge as their products are excellent, I just don't rate DV's with spacers stick the OEM rev D DV  :happy2:

Perhaps you would like a DV that makes a duck call - enjoy  :laugh:

« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 11:29:55 am by DomT »

Offline Kiwi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 09:42:32 pm »
I want a duck call DV  :signLOL:

Saint Steve

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 09:54:16 pm »
Well theres your answer to what a forge DV sounds like :laugh:, and even if thought the D stood for Dump not Duck  :signLOL:

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 95
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed!
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 10:41:50 am »
All GTI's have a dump valve
No they don't.  I think you have your terminology confused.  They have a recirculating valve (also called 'divert valve' or 'turbo cut off valve') which basically diverts excess boost pressure back to the low pressure inlet side of the turbo.  A 'dump valve' is one which vents excess pressure to the atmosphere.
Sean - Independant Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

~~ free official Golf V factory workshop manuals ~~

Offline Poppa Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 11:30:21 am »
Cheers TT, post modified, was what I meant  :signLOL: Glad someone is on the ball (as always :happy2:)

Offline cheungy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
  • "GO APR!"
    • SeatCupra.net
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2010, 10:57:02 am »
The MKV ED30 DSG if its standard will most likely have a REV C divertor valve which is the diaphram one (located under the car...) If you want the Woosh noise just buy a Forge Spacer with the new REV D piston Divertor Valve instead.

My mate drives a mkv ed30 dsg and the forge space doesn't always dump the air out because of the dsg box just so you know. While on Manual its all good :)
MK2 PRE-FL SEAT LEON TFSI SPORT - APR K04

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2010, 11:10:36 am »
The MKV ED30 DSG if its standard will most likely have a REV C divertor valve which is the diaphram one (located under the car...) If you want the Woosh noise just buy a Forge Spacer with the new REV D piston Divertor Valve instead.

My mate drives a mkv ed30 dsg and the forge space doesn't always dump the air out because of the dsg box just so you know. While on Manual its all good :)

incorrect.

the ed30 has its diverter valve situated on the front of the engine by the inlet manifold and radiator fans.  its the k03 turbo that has the diverter valve underneath the car fitted to the actual turbo itself.

As for the forge spacer, it ook mine out because i seriously was embarrased by the massive whooshes it released when pootling around town.  sounded good when booting it, but thats where it ended

Offline cheungy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
  • "GO APR!"
    • SeatCupra.net
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2010, 12:14:07 pm »
oops completely forgot about that sorry forgot the ED30 was K04 (half awake)...
MK2 PRE-FL SEAT LEON TFSI SPORT - APR K04