All Things Mk5 > Sat Nav and Car Audio

advice! mk5 HU/Speakers!

(1/2) > >>

jimlad09:
I am currently looking to pull together a bit of an upgrade for my car so far, after intense online reading, it appears to really get the most out of any speaker u need an equivalent head unit as i really like the mk5 head units im begrudged to remove it however having seen a new pioneer unit that would blend it rather well it comes down to speaker!

Having read numerous contradicting articles i understand 17cm speakers in the front w/seperate tweeters are fine but as for the rears iv seen coaxial speakers in the rears BUT read that you can put components (w/seperate tweeters) in the rears too, thus improving sound quality!

:sad:

major headache and finding someone who has done this already seems to be more difficult than expected!!

ANY help would be fantastic!

James

SteveS:
i have three ways in my front doors. by JL Audio.

you will also need a iso adaptor to plug the aftermarket headunit into the vw wiring harness. i have one for sale in sale section..

coaxial in the rear would be fine... you dont sit in the rear so trying to make the tweeter directional makes not much sense... its just for rear fill... (i didnt even bother with rear amped. my fronts are, but rears run off headunit.

Andy:
i have change all the audio in my car as well as putting amps in..i never used the vw wiring i put my own in to the speakers...got components in the front & kick base in the rears

jimlad09:
thanks guys! this is much appreciated!

the three ways worth the investment then mate? was having a look around the web and as in my last car (little polo) the speakers were massively improved with a set of 2way pioneer components!

checked some pioneer 3 way seperates out (although they appear to be rare on most of the mainstream audio sites) and your looking at over 2 ton, as much as the head unit lol so i wanted to check this is the norm and just a heads up on anything to consider realy!

thanks again!

SteveS:
i personally wouldnt get pioneer speakers, just my opinion. go for something bigger. talkaudio.co.uk should be able to help with any audio questions, busy forum.

three ways are great, but do take some faffing to get in place... so unless ur very handy, id recommend paying someone proper to do it nicely... otherwise just use 2ways which would be good :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version