Make a donation

Author Topic: GIAC ECU and DSG Map...  (Read 1116 times)

Offline t20lau

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Website design Sheffield
    • Email
GIAC ECU and DSG Map...
« on: September 30, 2010, 11:55:21 am »
Right guys,

Done lots of reading and getting very very confused  :stupid:

Right currently I have an Edition 30 with TB Milly, Carbonio Intake and a very weak (IMO) stage 2 map from APS! So now I'm looking to go GIAC...

Question is, with the hardware I am running what stage map should really be going on the car!? Basically from what I am reading my car should have a Stage 2 Map, however, in other place people seem to be running Stage 2 until they have a fuel pump! I'm just not wanting to pay twice LOL!

To me Stage 1 is just a map on a stock car, so with me having the intake and milly, will the Stage 1 still make a difference?! Infact are the maps even different, or are stage 1 and 2 maps the same and the hardware just makes the extra different?! Also are there different DSG maps?!

Finally, GIAC do a device for switching from pump to race to stock, etc...Any ideas what this is all about?! And how does the car come if you dont buy the device or is that something you specify before leaving the car?!

Thanks,
Tom
SEAT Ibiza Sport | Vauxhall Astra VXR | BMW Z4 M-Sport | VW Golf GTi Edition 30 | BMW F30 330D X-Drive