Make a donation

Author Topic: Door Warning Lights Mod / Retrofit  (Read 24997 times)

Offline Rob GTI

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
Re: Door Warning Lights Mod / Retrofit
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2010, 08:28:46 pm »
So are these the only parts needed?

1K0 947 411 A (1K0947411A) - Door Warning Light (1 per door) = £8.80 inc vat each x2
1J0 971 972 (1J0971972) - Connector Housing (1 per door) = £1.06 inc vat each x2

which repair wire would i need?

i have a 3door so only need the front doors doing

Edit: might have found another way of doing this, by just connecting the wires to my footwell unit and feed the wires through the door grommet and hard wire it to the Door Warning Light, wont need VDS coding....So basically they turn on when the footwell light up once door is open

The p/n's of the repair wire are in the my-gti link in my first post. I was hoping they could be controlled via the footwell lights as I note thats how Darren has his working this way but not sure how he wired them???
GTI Edition 30 No. 907, 3 door, Black. (Now Sold)

Offline .:GTI|SUNNY:.

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • I spend too much time on this forum, I'm addicted
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2010, 09:10:16 pm »

1K0 947 411 A (1K0947411A) - Door Warning Light (1 per door) = £8.80 inc vat each x2
1J0 971 972 (1J0971972) - Connector Housing (1 per door) = £1.06 inc vat each x2

Edit: might have found another way of doing this, by just connecting the wires to my footwell unit and feed the wires through the door grommet and hard wire it to the Door Warning Light, wont need VDS coding....So basically they turn on when the footwell light up once door is open

The p/n's of the repair wire are in the my-gti link in my first post. I was hoping they could be controlled via the footwell lights as I note thats how Darren has his working this way but not sure how he wired them???
i'm ordering the Door Warning Light units ONLY on Monday, which will arrive on Wednesday, so i will have them installed on the Saturday, i'll update in here how i did it, looks straight forward tbh, as in my previous car MK5 R32 i did under seat lighting which were connected to footwells also  :happy2:
| Tornado Red GTI |

Offline mortygttdi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2010, 09:12:03 pm »
Rob I wired mine like Sunny has just said mate, basically taking the power wire from each door to the front of the car to the footwell lighting.  The only problem with it been this way is you need to take the door skins off to get to the wiring loom on the inside of the door. But if you take your time and note what goes where its easy enough.

Darren :happy2:

Offline Rob GTI

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2010, 11:00:17 pm »
Sounded good until you said door skin off.................

Although just googled this:-

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?2984471

I feel confident about it now but will have to have a look tommorrow again when I haven't had five pints.  :rolleye: :surprised:

PS When I get to 6 pints I can feel like i can fit an R36 sideways into a golf. :laugh:

Offline Rob GTI

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2010, 11:07:41 pm »

i'm ordering the Door Warning Light units ONLY on Monday, which will arrive on Wednesday, so i will have them installed on the Saturday, i'll update in here how i did it, looks straight forward tbh, as in my previous car MK5 R32 i did under seat lighting which were connected to footwells also  :happy2:

Let us know if you get there before me... which you might very well do as I seem to have half a dozen mini projects, other commitments, work and incompetent dealers in my way.  :sad1:

Under seat lighting - any pics / how to's?? :party:

Offline .:GTI|SUNNY:.

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • I spend too much time on this forum, I'm addicted
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2010, 11:49:49 pm »
if the parts arrive on time, and it doesnt rain then i'll be doing this next saturday, as i'm busy during the week doing other mods  :smiley:

I'll make a new thread on how to do the under seat lighting, once i've re-done it on my GTI  :happy2:
| Tornado Red GTI |

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 298
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,56721.0.html
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2010, 10:53:08 am »
The Repair wires you need would be
000 979 019E and 000 979 009E
on my 5 door golf I managed to use half of each repair wire. I did this on a 3 door for friend and it was to short so you either need to buy extra repair wires or join an extra bit of wire.
It would be a big job to wire them up to the footwell lighting as you would need to remove the outer door skin to feed your wire through to the inside. I would stick to the connecting it to the door controller
Genuine VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB + Genuine Vag Commander + Genuine VAG Tacho + Genuine VAG CAN PRO  + RNS Manager for Video in Motion and New Pin Code for RNS510

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Retrofits fitted by me see my members rides

Offline Rob GTI

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2010, 08:29:58 pm »
Ok I've got all the parts now. So should be good to go this weekend. Just curious though about the bulb, anyone swapped it out for a LED or Philips Cool blue etc (I assume its a W5W).

The only thing is the light housing looks pretty much sealed - is there a way of opening it out to change the bulb without breaking.

Mod of a mod  :laugh:

Offline Weston

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2010, 10:09:24 pm »
I'm very interested in seeing how simple these are to do once a how to is done. How hard can it be  :party:
GTI going...

Offline Rob GTI

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2010, 10:11:44 pm »
Well I got round to doing one side over the weekend:-

All in all cost per side is just under £14, the mygti guide covers most of the points, although I didn't solder my connections as I don't have a soldering iron, so I just used scotch lok connectors.

The only other point worth noting is that the repair wires aren't long enough so need to be extended about 5-6 inches, I had a spare repair wire so used this.

Offline Weston

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2010, 10:16:20 pm »
That looks really good, especially for the price. It's going on my seemingly endless list  :party:
GTI going...

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2010, 05:51:08 pm »
Hi Guys,

Im gonna do this over the xmas holiday, Im interested in knowing how the rear doors were connected up.

Iv looked at the guide and the fronts look easy enough but my rear door controllers are 1K0 959 703 E/F which I dont think support the exit lights?? Im sure Ed used the lock mechanism?

Any help (Ed or Darren  :signLOL:) will be great.

Lee
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 06:15:00 pm by apollo13 »
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2010, 06:34:02 pm »
Hi Guys,

Im gonna do this over the xmas holiday, Im interested in knowing how the rear doors were connected up.

Iv looked at the guide and the fronts look easy enough but my rear door controllers are 1K0 959 703 E/F which I dont think support the exit lights?? Im sure Ed used the lock mechanism?

Any help (Ed or Darren  :signLOL:) will be great.

Lee

Lee you need to take the door skin off and to the rear of the door, take the plug off the door lock and I think you need to connect a wire to pin 4?? Ed will confirm that wire, take it back through the door to the door controller and connect another wire to pin 10 a big white wire on the door controller plug.

These 2 wires go down to the exit warning lights and connect to the lamp.

Darren

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2010, 06:39:18 pm »
Cheers Darren,

Sounds straight forward enough  :drinking:
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

MPS

« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2011, 11:09:03 pm »
Does anyone know the location of a spare ground on a door controller from a 2006MY Golf GTI 5 door. I can't seem to find any?  :confused: