Make a donation

Author Topic: Is my stance ok?  (Read 6954 times)

Offline tony_danza

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
Re: Is my stance ok?
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2009, 09:27:18 am »
Thanks everyone. I'm really pleased with the difference they have made to the handling already, quicker steering response and less crashy over bumps - tyres take a bit of warming before they inspire much confidence in the damp, but other than that A+.

Illyun, I've had first refusal on these bad boys for a while. get some!  :happy2:
Sideways yo!

Offline billyboy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
  • Billy lar
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2009, 09:45:48 am »
For me its all about the rear, love cars level.
ive not got driveway issues, i could try driven on your drive with mine (if its lower) to see.
this is a rear pic,

if that helps

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2009, 09:52:05 am »
Yeah, yours does look slightly lower than mine - we can give it a shot.

I've been dragged into work on callout for god knows how long today, but we'll sort something out. Still, the callout money + overtime will be going straight in the car fund :happy2:
Sideways yo!

Offline illyun

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2009, 10:15:37 am »
Thanks everyone. I'm really pleased with the difference they have made to the handling already, quicker steering response and less crashy over bumps - tyres take a bit of warming before they inspire much confidence in the damp, but other than that A+.

Illyun, I've had first refusal on these bad boys for a while. get some!  :happy2:

TBH I'm not a fan of aftermarket alloys on Golf GTIs - unless they are BBS - but I wasn't aware of the handling and weight-loss benefits associated with alloys like the Turinis. 

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2009, 10:51:18 am »
Yeah, they're not as nice as the Monzas, but a good looking wheel none the less - they're understated IMO, which suits me fine, , not everyone's cup of tea I suppose? There's no way I'd have changed them though if it wasn't for the benefit of saving weight.

I'm thinking of changing the colour to steel grey, I wonder if someone could photoshop the side on shot?
Sideways yo!

Offline GeorgeF

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2009, 05:12:46 pm »
looks stunning, very nice indeed :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2009, 05:28:57 pm »

Looks very good indeed to me. A car has to be practical imo and lowering too much might look cool but will be a royal PITA if you keep scraping it and also lower doesn't automatically produce better handling results but sometimes the contrary!

I'm not a great fan of anything other than Monza's - To me they're an important iconic element of the GTI's appearance. However, I respect the use of other alloys for track purposes and, of course as always, ETTO!

Would you say that cornerweighting is a necessity? I've been told by an experienced VAG tuner that it is not necessary on the GTI (I forget the reason for this)...

....It's not "necessary" but it's one of the things which adds up to a car which is better setup overall. VWR advised it and I rather think Mark knows what he's talking about!! Mine certainly feels like it's on rails.

Which tuner told you it's not necessary? (I bet they haven't got the corner-weighting gear!).

:happy2:

Oh, when I first read "Is my stance ok?" I was tempted to answer "Does my arse look too fat in this?" :evilgrin:
I once followed a rather hot looking brunette driving a black Beemer M5 (fast driver too) and she had a rear window sticker: "I bet you don't think my arse looks too fat in this!" - Class!

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline billyboy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 3
  • Billy lar
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2009, 09:41:30 pm »
Yeah, yours does look slightly lower than mine - we can give it a shot.

I've been dragged into work on callout for god knows how long today, but we'll sort something out. Still, the callout money + overtime will be going straight in the car fund :happy2:
couldnt of done it this weekend as mine in MK racingline, but nxt w/end could come over
giz a shout
bill