Make a donation

Author Topic: A warning- Beware what you post  (Read 5458 times)

Offline 08micsta

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 63
  • Smart Fortwo 600cc
    • Email
A warning- Beware what you post
« on: February 15, 2009, 07:25:55 pm »
Hello guys

I have been visiting the other forum recently and would like to share a tip with you guys.

Turns out the plod is now monitoring the interwebs. This is very important. With this forum getting bigger and the meets getting bigger please remember we are creating a name out there. There have been cases where some members are making reference to high speeds and such when heading for meets etc.

Do not post up race scenes or make references to acts that are not legal on the roads.

You post a picture up with your plate in it and the plod opens an investigation. In fact all the racing threads on the other forum have been trashed so as to protect the members.

Im not sure if it is my place to say this but please think before you post as Im sure the mods dont feel like editing your posts or removing them due to the possible illegalness of its contents. This would be to protect you.

I hope you ll have a good week!

Mike
No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
Re: A warning- Beware what you post
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 07:37:33 pm »
Your right Micsta its always good to be reminded of this  :drinking:

would you like me to remove this what you posted earlier.

Overtake 6 cars in a row on a up hill. Its crazy fast and in the corners the G's are so hectic. It just sticks and sticks.... In the controversial words of Jeremy Clarkson (Albeit altered):

Only kiddlin.   :signLOL: :signLOL:  :innocent: 

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 07:40:25 pm »
Yeah this is why I removed my posts from the "what car have you beaten?" thread. Although it's just for kicks, and you can say "I overtook a ferrari" etc the plod will take it seriously. This is one of the reasons we should all knock out our number plates when we post up pics. Otherwise they can relate plate to username and look at all your posts.

Ditto for insurance companies.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline VC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 08:07:48 pm »
anything posted into a public place is admissable as evidence, including emails :happy2:

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2009, 08:17:37 pm »
i think one of out members is more than aware that the police do use this sort of thing as evidence  :sad:

Offline cal tdi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 5
  • dub or die
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2009, 08:24:10 pm »
they should get up off there arses and try the traditional method of actually catching people in the act. If they really are spending all their time checking forums then heres one for them; i know of a pimped up white nova that iv know to pass me doing at least 90 in a 50 (lives in gainsborough  :wink: says it all really... dont go there if you have the choice  :laugh:)
Candy weiß Mk6 GTI - Stage 2

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2009, 11:54:09 pm »

I've always taken a dim view of those who post they beat such-and-such car - It's irresponsible driving pure and simple and the way it's usually described suggests that it deserves Police attention.

I was hoping that this forum would ban such posts irrespective of Police attention.

I'll be keeping my number plate unmasked thankyou - Nothing to hide.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline 08micsta

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 63
  • Smart Fortwo 600cc
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2009, 05:33:16 am »
 :signLOL:

Not needed TC. Was perfectly legal. Bloody trucks that slow everything down :evilgrin:
No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2009, 06:18:01 am »
i have stopped posting stuff like that now after hearing the bad news  :sad:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2009, 07:31:13 am »
I'm all up for the police catching wreckless and dangerous drivers, but think how much time they must spend trawling through forums looking for precise evidence etc. Do something worthwhile please like catching murders.  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline gulfstream11

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2009, 08:04:15 am »
My Local council is asking every household to donate 50p a month for life to buy more bobbies.
No wonder we have none on the streets,the force browsing on the net. Get F**ked.

That police interceptors is the biggest waste of tax payers money,Suburus and Evos to catch kev in his Fezza.

I hope they are reading this,Knobheads.

YT08 EAC thats me.

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2009, 09:49:18 am »
My Local council is asking every household to donate 50p a month for life to buy more bobbies.
No wonder we have none on the streets,the force browsing on the net. Get F**ked.

That police interceptors is the biggest waste of tax payers money,Suburus and Evos to catch kev in his Fezza.

YT08 EAC thats me.

WELL SAID!

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2009, 10:06:17 am »

YT08 EAC thats me.

Go Gulf!!!! PMSL  :grin: :grin:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline BeezerDiesel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 33
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2009, 10:57:04 am »

I've always taken a dim view of those who post they beat such-and-such car - It's irresponsible driving pure and simple and the way it's usually described suggests that it deserves Police attention.

I was hoping that this forum would ban such posts irrespective of Police attention.

I'll be keeping my number plate unmasked thankyou - Nothing to hide.

I happen to agree fully with what RR has said. I think the 'I beat .....' threads rally drag a forum down and make it look like the boards are full of morons rather than the useful techincal and social tool they should be. Okay, I'm getting old but the streets really aren't race tracks. Drive quickly but safely.
I think the best argument for disguising your plates are the issues around vehicle cloning.
Andy
7R

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2009, 12:06:13 pm »
I'm all up for the police catching wreckless and dangerous drivers, but think how much time they must spend trawling through forums looking for precise evidence etc. Do something worthwhile please like catching murders.  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

.....They do that as well!! :rolleye:

YT08 EAC thats me.

....I can't believe you said that! You obviously know f**k-all about Police work and its difficulties. Moronic attitudes like this, drag a car forum down even if it is just the opinion you have a right to.

I don't agree with the 70 limit (when conditions are right) and I don't like mobile speed cameras, but I wholeheartedly support the Police.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!