Make a donation

Author Topic: Mk6 instrument cluster in a Mk5  (Read 28998 times)

Offline matski

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Mk6 instrument cluster in a Mk5
« on: November 07, 2010, 10:48:33 pm »
Will a Mk6 instrument cluster fit in a Mk5? I know the Mk6 steering wheel fits.

Cheers

Oly
Mk5 GTI DSG, Steel Grey, 2006, 25,000miles, RNS-510, LED DRL's (Ultra Auto), Fiscon Bluetooth, Luxury Pack, Rear Parking Sensors, 18" Monza II Shadows, Milltek Non-Res. Exhaust, Painted Rear Bumper, Revo Stage 1, TPM.

Offline G60s GO

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 3
  • Edition 30, Plaque No.0100
Re: Mk6 instrument cluster in a Mk5
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 11:04:08 pm »
I'm pretty sure it won't fit as the dash recess and cluster is a completely different shape? I think the Mk6 uses a different type of computer system which probably won't be compatible with the Mk5's system.

Someone on here is bound to know for sure though mate :happy2:

Perfection Is Perfectly Simple; Fouling Things Up Requires true skill.

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 11:04:28 pm »
i asked the same question here is the LINK
Welcome to the forum

Offline matski

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 11:23:02 pm »
Cheers, so if I retrofitted a Scirocco cluster it would work? Could I fit the entire cluster including the new white-on-black highline?
Mk5 GTI DSG, Steel Grey, 2006, 25,000miles, RNS-510, LED DRL's (Ultra Auto), Fiscon Bluetooth, Luxury Pack, Rear Parking Sensors, 18" Monza II Shadows, Milltek Non-Res. Exhaust, Painted Rear Bumper, Revo Stage 1, TPM.

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 11:31:59 pm »
i was advised it might be possible but thier is to many things to change over and the later vw run on a different soft ware

Offline matski

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2010, 11:34:36 pm »
What does it involve?

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2010, 11:42:28 pm »
mm not sure to be honest..best sending Eddie-nL or Darren (mortygttdi) a pm who will advise you better  :happy2:

Offline matski

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2010, 11:44:01 pm »
Ok, I will do tomorrow, thanks

Offline Garth

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 14
    • My Build thread
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2010, 06:23:52 pm »
It will fit, you just need the right bits to make sure they work  :happy2:

2010 Jetta in South America has mk5 interior, mk6 bits:

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2010, 06:27:16 pm »
Beat me to it Garth!!

It will fit but wont work without major electronic surgery   :rolleye:
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline Garth

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • My Build thread
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2010, 06:28:31 pm »
Beat me to it Garth!!

All you need is the right controllers. It's a relatively easy swap.... but not cheap  :grin:

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2010, 06:34:15 pm »
Beat me to it Garth!!

All you need is the right controllers. It's a relatively easy swap.... but not cheap  :grin:

Garth do you know when the new black display came out? If its after 2007 youd have a nightmare recoding the cluster due to not being able to get the skc?? Even if you got hold of all the controllers?
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline Garth

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • My Build thread
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2010, 09:55:13 am »
Beat me to it Garth!!

Garth do you know when the new black display came out? If its after 2007 youd have a nightmare recoding the cluster due to not being able to get the skc?? Even if you got hold of all the controllers?
It was after 2007 and you are correct, coding the clusters would be too difficult for most of us. There are companies out there who will do it (Star performance being one of them). As I said before, it would not be cheap as you'd have to replace most of the electronic controllers in the car to get everything talking together. You'd probably end up with more mk6 than mk5 components  :grin:

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2010, 11:00:22 am »
Beat me to it Garth!!

It was after 2007 and you are correct, coding the clusters would be too difficult for most of us. There are companies out there who will do it (Star performance being one of them). As I said before, it would not be cheap as you'd have to replace most of the electronic controllers in the car to get everything talking together. You'd probably end up with more mk6 than mk5 components  :grin:

Like I said mate major electronic surgery!   :grin:

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 298
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,56721.0.html
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2010, 08:32:15 pm »
If you bought a new cluster it would come with the log in, read your current pin and code with vcds
Genuine VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB + Genuine Vag Commander + Genuine VAG Tacho + Genuine VAG CAN PRO  + RNS Manager for Video in Motion and New Pin Code for RNS510

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Retrofits fitted by me see my members rides