Issues with rust that VW declined to repair under warranty
1 (1.7%)
Issue with rust that you still haven't done anything about
7 (12.1%)
No rust
17 (29.3%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Voting closed: November 24, 2010, 07:54:54 pm

Author Topic: *** VW - RUST & WARRANTY *** RESULT!!!!  (Read 197935 times)

Offline ub7rm

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 43
Re: *** VW - RUST & WARRANTY ***
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2010, 07:54:23 am »
Don't understand that either - mine was covered and they even did the drivers one as well though that wasn't part of the original claim.  The bodyshop manager did warn me when I first went in that based on his experience it was more likely to be rejected than not.  I do have a full VW service history and bought my car from that dealer.  He did say if I didn't have a full VW service history I had no chance.  If you read the small print a bodywork check is allegedly carried out every service.  I have no doubts it isn't - but under the term of the corrosion warranty it has to be done ...
Sepang Blue S4 BE Avant

Offline no golf clubs at all

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2010, 08:13:50 am »
I know for a fact, certainly from talking to to two vw technicians I know personally, they do not do this inspection as part of any service....they simply are not afforded the time to do so these days.  Next time I go in for a service I may specifically request it.  I have all vw servicing bar one when i went to an independent, that was 18 months ago! So no doubt they will say that I am also not covered either.  :sad1:

I was considering a mk6 gti as a next car too...what a shame that they ride rough shod over loyal customers like this.

If I go now as a specific warranty claim then they will deny it, however if I have had two consecutive services by vw I guess in some way i do stand a chance of calling them for it....i.e. if they say that the body inspection would have picked it up then it would be more difficult for them to stand by that statement if they have allegedly completed two of these thorough and in depth inspections....(wankers).

Offline rusty mk5

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2010, 06:09:32 pm »
Hello All,

Just got my 55 plate Golf GTi back from Huddersfield VW today, having had both front wings stripped & refinished under warranty as they had blistered.

Initially, my claim for repair under warranty was rejected, unhappy with this decision, I subsequently contacted VW customer services to see if they could help.
Upon describing the situation with my car, purchase privately April 2010 but with FVWSH I was advised that my appeal would probably be rejected as I, personally, had not spent money with VW on the car as I had not generated any 'goodwill'.
However, I pointed out that whilst I haven't had the car serviced during my ownership (it hasn't been due), I have had other repair work done by VW (new condensor and repair to bonnet catch), therefore, in my opinion I had built up 'goodwill'. I'm not sure if it was this that did the trick, but....

A few days later I got the call to say the cost of repairs would be met 100%.

So, I'm happy with the car again, and I thought I should put up a post describing my experience that might help others.

Best regards,

Gary

Offline Boothy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 32
  • All donations accepted, thanks.
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2010, 08:49:11 am »
Just to let you know that I'm still on with this but things are a bit hectic at the moment so I'll update it as soon as I get time, probably after Xmas unfortunately.

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2011, 10:50:55 pm »
I now have a similar problem with both my front wheel arches. I'll be speaking to my VW dealer whose affiliated accident repair centre has already quoted for putting it right and then can report here.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline G4V VW

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2011, 11:01:23 pm »
Mine are very bad now but im not going to bother with VW cos ive had enough of them, they will find a way of getting out of it. Anyone know what sort of price i'll be looking at to get this sorted. Looks like two new wings plus spray and fit?

Gav

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2011, 11:15:13 pm »

Mine are very bad now but im not going to bother with VW cos ive had enough of them, they will find a way of getting out of it. Anyone know what sort of price i'll be looking at to get this sorted. Looks like two new wings plus spray and fit?

Gav

....£388 incl 20% vat and £117 materials to repair and repaint both front wings. < VW dealer price.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline G4V VW

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2011, 10:03:29 pm »

Gav

....£388 incl 20% vat and £117 materials to repair and repaint both front wings. < VW dealer price.

Cheers RR, looks like i better get saving  :sad1:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2011, 10:57:13 pm »

^ I didn't realise I'd be in the pic.. I had to hold the camera upside down and remotely to get a shot.

Somehow I doubt that VW would repair my paintwork under warranty.

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2011, 10:59:51 pm »
Get some carbon jobbies Robin and be done. You dont normally need a excuse for carbon, but you have one here.  :happy2:  Great pic as well.  :laugh:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2011, 11:11:03 pm »

Get some carbon jobbies Robin and be done. You dont normally need a excuse for carbon, but you have one here.  :happy2:  Great pic as well.  :laugh:

....Gosh! That didn't take you long to see my post. It's only a great pic by complete accident  :laugh:

I don't need you to encourage me to spend more money on modding my 5.5 year old car! It is tempting to leave it to get worse and then be forced against my will, dragged kicking and screaming, to get carbon wings.

I would want to do what Danish Jake did and leave some small amount of carbon showing. The .:R logo would match my Recaro's.

Carbon wings or Leica X-1 camera?.... It's a tough choice.

Offline cmdrfire

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 14
    • Commander Fire - my blog
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2011, 11:12:08 pm »
I'm gonna get carbon wings for my mk5 eventually, I've decided.

...but the x1 will be a good toy for you as well Robin... and those wings will last for a while longer...

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2011, 11:19:52 pm »

....Gosh! That didn't take you long to see my post. It's only a great pic by complete accident  :laugh:

I don't need you to encourage me to spend more money on modding my 5.5 year old car! It is tempting to leave it to get worse and then be forced against my will, dragged kicking and screaming, to get carbon wings.

I would want to do what Danish Jake did and leave some small amount of carbon showing. The .:R logo would match my Recaro's.

Carbon wings or Leica X-1 camera?.... It's a tough choice.

Its got to be new Wings  :happy2:  the camera can wait, imagine how unhappy your car is right now dealing with rusty wings. Remember beauty is not just skin deep. Some new wings and she will be happy once more.

And yes i have been on the cider tonight.  :wink:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2011, 11:20:32 pm »

I'm gonna get carbon wings for my mk5 eventually, I've decided.

...but the x1 will be a good toy for you as well Robin... and those wings will last for a while longer...

....Don't you start!

So, from a small amount of paint lifting which is out of sight, I'm now in the space of 10 minutes suddenly looking at spending on a Leica camera AND a pair of carbon wings! Don't you just love this forum!

But yes, I reckon those wings should last a bit longer. I don't want them to get beyond repair though.....    Do I?

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2011, 11:25:13 pm »

Its got to be new Wings  :happy2:  the camera can wait, imagine how unhappy your car is right now dealing with rusty wings. Remember beauty is not just skin deep. Some new wings and she will be happy once more.

And yes i have been on the cider tonight.  :wink:

....That's cool. Cider suits you - You're nice and mellow tonight.  :drinking:

Funny, I've only recently seen the Cars movie and absolutely loved it. It made me realise why I felt so emotionally attached to my car and that I wasn't alone  :grin: