Make a donation

Author Topic: Heated seat turning off at certain temp?  (Read 2718 times)

Offline apollo13

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 47
Re: Heated seat turning off at certain temp?
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2010, 02:14:23 pm »
It was worth a try mate, at least you know its nice an neat under there! 

Why dont you try an indy auto electrician if youve had enough?

Might be worth a call or two to save a few quid, have you had them out again to double check under that seat?
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline SeanyK

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 14
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2010, 04:00:48 pm »
Hi mate,

From what I can see having looked at diagrams as much as I could, the heater elements are built into the backrest cover, and the base cover.

Whether that means the thermistor is part of those is another question, and if so, are there 2? As then it's a case of buying both covers to save time, and I suspect £££ for those!

I might just sell the seats to be honest! And buy a full leather interior! If VW are going to charge me £3-500 it's not worth me bothering to fix it, i'll just sell the seats to someone who doesn't care about the heating part! (And make sure they are 2007+ seats I buy!)

Offline apollo13

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2010, 04:40:32 pm »
Did you manage to get hold of any diagrams them?

Yeah there are 2 heat pads like you say but I though there was only one sensor/stat and that was in the squab (bit you sit on).

****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators